• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most respected member of the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Talking about a top 5... Hmm, ok, here we go.

1. Alfred (Best Modeler EVER)
2. Ravn0s (Best Concept Artist EVER)
2. Vexorian (Best SpellMaker EVER)
3. Juice_F (Best Iconer)
4. Oz02 (Best Moderator)
5. ElfWarfare (Best... Banner around :lol:)

And Miseracord, your geomerges are awsome.

~Daelin

Level 11
Miseracord said:
but my good sir- you underestimate my work...

i also move little dots around too

i'm not quite sure if i'm offended yet
i'd like to think of what i do as more than that

Ehehe, my geomerges I don't only mean copy-pasting. I mean moving vertexes. In my opinion, there are two types of models: Freehand and geomerge. Geomerge are not freehand and they are copy-paste, even though they are partial. There can be complete geomerges or just partial. That's my theory. And yes, your models are cool. I wish I could reach your level.

~Daelin

Level 7
RaVn0s said:
Daelin u mean best concept artist of this site?

Samwise is much better *sigh*

agreed. Metzen is also better than you and so are Twincruiser...

but, without doubt you're best if those guys ain't counted :roll:

Level 4
oh yeah i forgot Twincruiser, he is a hell of an artist too

but Metzen? i was visiting Son of Storms today and i just take a look at his gallery, by all the gods the crappyness burned me!

its not to scrubb myself but i cant see Metzen being a good artist, in fact i think Metzen cant even be called an artist, he draws like a kid with crayon

Level 11
Teppana said:

Twincruisder it not better... He sucks compared to Ravn0s. If you would see some of his arts... WOW!

And Metzen, hmm... maybe. But I'd put the two of them at the same level. And besides, Ravn0s' arts are also coloured. Ouch! That's when the true art is unleashed. And to be honest, he applies so real colors. Well, that's my opinion.

~Daelin

Level 7
Daelin said:
Teppana said:

Twincruisder it not better... He sucks compared to Ravn0s. If you would see some of his arts... WOW!

And Metzen, hmm... maybe. But I'd put the two of them at the same level. And besides, Ravn0s' arts are also coloured. Ouch! That's when the true art is unleashed. And to be honest, he applies so real colors. Well, that's my opinion.

~Daelin

well, it's hard for me to say anything for sure when I haven't seen any RaVn0s's work... sadly
and it was just one big presumption :|

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Daveman said:
the most respected on this site has to be the mods and admins and ect u know what i mean

Thats cuz they own err thing and have the power to ban our asses :p jk lol
its cuz they work hard to keep this site friendly and maintanable

lololololololol :D :D :p :p

Well the people i respect more in this site are Mecheon (cool person :p) Daelin (thx to him i can now do icons, he teached me a lot of things in Photoshop) and Elfwarfare (cool dude too :D).

Level 13
i think i'm respected... everybody i know knows he can count on me... unless i drink too much and\or have a basebal bat with me and somebody tells me something i dont enjoy to hear

lol

it was suposed to be a joke

anyway, now more seriously, but still kiddin, the guys i respect most are rao dao zao, cuse he gave-me the link to the oinkerwinkle tools, and mecheon cuse...

anyway, i respect rui, cuse i think hes from the same country as i,(i'm portuguese) and portuguese people must be respected!

Level 6
Daelin and VGsatomi. The best mods imo... no offense to the rest of course. ^_^ DarkShadow is also pretty good at his job. However, with Vexorian being angry, Daelin has to do more work on his boards, so he's worth respect for that.

VG and DS always do their job. ^^

Level 7
oz02, Daelin and Me..

oz02 keeps keeping the site clean, and helping people which site stuffs.. He doing what he's supposed to as a super mod, and he even does what Darky should do to..

Daelin because he helps so many people in the spells forum..

Me because I'll do my best to keep the messy Jass forum clean and help people in that God forsaken place (yes, it is just count the amount of "How can I change a hero proper name in Jass?" posts and you'll get my point)..

Ok, don't take me to sriously, but yes oz02 and Daelin are the one I respect the most..

I respect DarkShadow and ElfWarfar too, in fact I've got respect for all the mods..

Blade.dk

Level 7
Blade.dk2 said:
I've got respect for all the mods..
who wouldn't have respect for all mods?
if you don't respect them they will most likely ban you...
or that's what I think, and so this wouldn't be considered as a spam, I'll say
that I respect only... Super mods... and ElfWarfare, and sansui... and dark shadow... oh and yes! Eusira!
and Daelin, and.. RDZ and Pins and small amount of respect goes
to Minigun77
Edit: my respect list seems to have lack of some ppl
Vindic@tor,Torn & Last Of My Kind

Level 11
Respect is one thing and appreciation is something else. This thread was formulated extremely bad and now I finally realized it. Of course you have to respect mods, along with everyone else. Respect is something fundamental when you are taking part in a community.

As for appreciation, well, that's something different. You may appreciate a mod for what he does, how much he helps and of course, how nice and friendly is with you. For some, the last thing is important while others find mods who do the "guardian" job much more important and are much more appreciated. But for respect, come on people, we are all working to maintain this site. Well, appreciation, that's something else... I'm not trying to brag or something, I'm just trying to make you understand that even if some of us are less active, it doesn't mean that they don't want to. I for one had a very busy period and its still not over. Only when the vacation comes, will I be able to be active as much as I'd want. Well, that's all I had to say...

~Daelin

Level 7
Daelin said:
Respect is one thing and appreciation is something else. This thread was formulated extremely bad and now I finally realized it. Of course you have to respect mods, along with everyone else. Respect is something fundamental when you are taking part in a community.
~Daelin

You're right Daelin...

Well, I appreciate Daelin (for helping so many people in the spells forum), and oz02 (for helping me when I couldn't log on because of a site bug) the most..

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well since my last post in this topic, I think I respect most of the moderators now;

1. Yes, first place goes to Daelin who has always helped me and also with some triggers.
2. Second for Mecheon, yes hes a very cool guy, but recently he has being very nervous and ehmm... pissed :lol: ... sorry if you do not want this word...
3. Elfwarfare, but I havent seen him on in a while :|
4. Sansui, but I haven't seen him on either.

Well I also respect all the other moderators, but specially this ones. I also respect Alfrod (i'm also a fan :p) DeadDogNoGoWoof (he also respects me, in fact we respect each other) and Excite I guess :D

-Rui

i respect pretty much every mod except
1. vexorian
2. oz02
3. inactive mods (for being such lazy slobs. =P)
they are on my black list. as for vex, i really am tired of his 'smartassness'. and for oz, well i cant say anyhthing in fear of beeing banned.
my top list is
1. sansui
2. mecheon
3. in memory of wormskull, for he is in sheol(wc3c).

ps. if you dont know what sheol is, read the bible.

Level 3
It is quite simple:
To gain respect, you must do things to gain respect. Being a good mapmaker, modeller, skinner, etc. will help. Also, being a good moderator is a major way to gain respect (although, being an asshole moderator will lose respect).
Honestly, if you just do things to help others, and don't completely screw around, you will become well respected.
I haven't posted around here long enough to know who is the most well respected, though.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Leopard said:
I respect you afronight, coz many of member respect mods, none respect you :lol: So, i respect you! :lol: Anyway bcoz you're such a 'artist-assness' guy :lol: If you can teach me how to skin, i'll respect you much! :twisted:

Omg what do you mean?

1. I said I respected Afronight
2. You mean you respect him for the simple reason that none respects him? (witch is a lie)

I also like Afro's projects and such, but I don't agree that you need to be a good resource-maker to be respected. One thing, is being popular because of good works and also some respect (like Afro), other is being respected because of the way you speak, etc.

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.