• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mortal combat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hello.

The Plan: I plan on making a game like mortal combat, a multiplayer game that can host tournaments. This isn't impossible but it does require certain things. It will be 2d based with 3d models (you only see one side).

The Request: My request is simply this, I require models that have these animations: Stand, Crouch, Kick, Punch, Jump and Walk. I also require cool background models (they can just be a 2d picture attached to a cube that i would place in the Wc3 WE.

Currently I have not made anything to show you but I am going to begin work. It's kinda impossible to show you people how my system will work if I don't have at least one model that has the required animations.

Also, I uninstalled wc3 tft because my bud and I couldn't play online together because it said some1 is blocking in comming msgs from a specific port. So I followed the support to uninstall it but now I can't reinstall it, it says its done already but i searched my comp and it's not on it. So, for the time being I don't have the tft editor or tft for that matter.

hello.

The Plan: I plan on making a game like mortal combat, a multiplayer game that can host tournaments. This isn't impossible but it does require certain things. It will be 2d based with 3d models (you only see one side).

The Request: My request is simply this, I require models that have these animations: Stand, Crouch, Kick, Punch, Jump and Walk. I also require cool background models (they can just be a 2d picture attached to a cube that i would place in the Wc3 WE.

Currently I have not made anything to show you but I am going to begin work. It's kinda impossible to show you people how my system will work if I don't have at least one model that has the required animations.

Also, I uninstalled wc3 tft because my bud and I couldn't play online together because it said some1 is blocking in comming msgs from a specific port. So I followed the support to uninstall it but now I can't reinstall it, it says its done already but i searched my comp and it's not on it. So, for the time being I don't have the tft editor or tft for that matter.

Sorry man, but with no hard evidence of a map actually existing, your not going to get what your asking for, especially since making animations is extremely hard.

Level 9
I've made an engine like this before so I know exactly what animations you're talking about, but without any proof that you won't drop the project because of difficulty, very few people will fill the request.

I'm assuming you'll need animations for facing the left, and the right though, correct?

On another note, there aren't that many animators out there, and you didn't state what models you needed to be animated.

You said you "required" cool background skins. Remember, you're requesting, and demands don't sound good in request threads.
And also, WHY would you bother to request a model for a game that you don't even have installed on your hard drive??
Not to be offensive, but with a map that hasn't been started, and is going to be progressing 0% currently, there's no reason for the request to be filled.

Just my two cents.

Level 5
yea i just hired out mortal kombat last night and thought about making a wc3 map but theres lack of anything to do with it lol i was thinking tho raiden and storm have similer qualities Ie the hat and both thunder no weapon :) well gl with your map man

Level 6
And also, WHY would you bother to request a model for a game that you don't even have installed on your hard drive??

I have warcraft RoC installed, and it has an editor. For some unexplained reason warcraft Tft thinks its installed, even tho I have removed everything i was suposed 2, 2 unistall it be4.

Also, the game engine wouldnt be 2 hard 2 make, movement and attacking will be easy, and so would jumping and ducking if i have those animations. The onyl part that will take time is making the models and making tournament system.

Level 2
So are you saying you know what you are doing, cause that sounds like a lot of hard f*cking work

Status
Not open for further replies.