• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Morgana's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Morgana's Tale

A small, single-player action RPG about the demon huntress Morgana, on a quest to track down a band of satyrs.

This map is more of a demo/prologue/pilot/technical showcase for a theoretically larger campaign that I may or may develop in the future. For now at least, this map represents the full scope, but one never knows what the future holds.

Features include:
  • Custom, more engaging combat and movement systems inspired by action RPGs such as Diablo.
  • Custom UI created specifically for this map.
  • Skill-based abilities that require timing and precision to use optimally.
  • Crafting system

Screenshots:

1.png2.png3.png4.png

5.png6.png7.png8.png

Attached to this thread is the latest version of the map - I will be very grateful for any feedback or bug reports.

This map was developed with patch 1.32 in mind, so I have no idea if it works on older patches but I assume it does not. I did however test it on the 1.33 PTR and that seems to more or less work well, so that bodes well for the future.

--

Attachments

• Morgana's Tale v94.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Level 21
Looks funky!
Gonna give it a spin.

edit:
Everything worked fine, just requires some getting used with the right click movement (which sometimes spazzed out, no big deal however).
I guess she could also use some boots of speed, which you probably would add later anyway?!

Well done so far!

Last edited:

Antares

Spell Reviewer
Level 21
Cool map! Very atmospheric!

The movement system bugs when you start holding down the right mouse-button while having the cursor close to Morgana. I also think it would be more intuitive if she continued to move towards the position the mouse cursor was on the map at the moment you released right-click instead of her stopping to move instantly.

Level 24
Looks funky!
Gonna give it a spin.

edit:
Everything worked fine, just requires some getting used with the right click movement (which sometimes spazzed out, no big deal however).
I guess she could also use some boots of speed, which you probably would add later anyway?!

Well done so far!
First of all, thank you for playing!
Yes, as mentioned by the guy below as well it does spazz out when you press too close to the hero (or at the edge of the screen). The former I'll try to tweak to improve, at the very least.

I haven't tweaked movement speed one bit to bhonest - maybe boots of speed will make an appearance later, and/or some temporary "sprint" ability. Thanks for the suggestion!
Cool map! Very atmospheric!

The movement system bugs when you start holding down the right mouse-button while having the cursor close to Morgana. I also think it would be more intuitive if she continued to move towards the position the mouse cursor was on the map at the moment you released right-click instead of her stopping to move instantly.
Thank you!

I'll try to tweak and improve the movement system further. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.