• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

More Mario Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Donkey Kong (Being textured,needs animations)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/178767-albums2500-picture21349.html

Shy Guy (Needs Shading, and animations)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/178767-albums2500-picture21347.html

Snifit (Needs Shading, and animations)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/178767-albums2500-picture21348.html

Birdo (Needs Shading, and animations)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/178767-albums2500-picture21346.html
Birdo is my modified Yoshi model

I released Yoshi, Mouser, and Piranha Plant. (awaiting approval) I have a few others still in shop that I will show near completion.

These take time and it is hard to keep constant (specially since left 4 dead 2 came out) but Im trying to push them all simultaniously out even though some are getting done quicker.

I am a fast modeler I find it hard to stop when I start... Prolly why I took on so much at once. (I think im good at modeling its my strong point.. poly restrictions are a bit tricky) texturing is boring at times.. and animation is fun yet very time consuming.

Level 4
I really like the mario world :) you really created some good Mario models, my favourite of yours is the Snifit, looks really funny. Oh and I think the body of the "Birdo" is to small it should be bigger.

+rep

Level 11
I really like the mario world :) you really created some good Mario models, my favourite of yours is the Snifit, looks really funny. Oh and I think the body of the "Birdo" is to small it should be bigger.

+rep

I tried to make birdo little skinner then yoshi.. Ill see what it looks like a little poofier, my models get better as I go.. I was off modeling for awhile... Really wish I knew about this earlier. (feel at lost because of starcraft 2, I want to be able to do models for that if its as good as warcraft 3)

There are many variations of snifit and shyguy.. so I decided to make the colors the way they are on which look coolest.. Some depict snifit with a blue mask and blue shoes.. But I like the contrast of white black and red.

I will have snifit shoot a pellet projectile and birdo an egg... The egg will be custom, but I'm not sure if a pellet projectile is in Warcraft or big enough to resemble the snifit bullet.

I'm not current on mario games so Im not sure how Shyguy attacks yet.. In the old mario's he just awaited you to stomp on him or pick him up.. I think he ran if he saw you ... hence "ShyGuy"

Donkey Kong will obviously have a barrel projectile.. but that will just be a special attack.. and melee for norm.

I started the mario project because I noticed Dan and others here didnt have some of the characters I would want to include in an RPG.. My nephew and I were making a MARIO RPG and I decided to make the absent Mario Characters on the hive. I figured instead of investing my time to an exclusive I should offer the characters to others as well.. My nephew lost intrest in the Map Making, but I still have the desire to finish what I started. :)

Level 7
I will be checking this thread every so often, because this collection is amazing. Snifit looks very promising so far. Birdo ... Not so much. DK still reminds me of the old DKC show :xxd:. Shy Guy is kinda tall o_O. But other than that, nice job.

Also, 8ond009, when you request from a person, please don't post on a thread of theirs, just PM them when you need to contact them so you don't spam.

Btw, Shy Guys attack like any other person. But kind of a slap, not too big of a slap but like a mere touch, and a Jump kick? And yes they do run away as well. Check out this video of an Anti-guy from Paper Mario 64:

Last edited:
In Super Mario RPG, Shy Guys mostly attack by using slingshots or throwing rocks.
I kinda like how made the Shy Guy look similar to what they did in the old SMB2 game manual. Hope you'll make his red clothes actually team coloured so people can have a variety of Shy Guys (I hope the same for the Snifits).

Please don't hijack other people's threads with request spam. If you want to post requests, do it in the Request forum.

Level 11
In Super Mario RPG, Shy Guys mostly attack by using slingshots or throwing rocks.
I kinda like how made the Shy Guy look similar to what they did in the old SMB2 game manual. Hope you'll make his red clothes actually team coloured so people can have a variety of Shy Guys (I hope the same for the Snifits).

Please don't hijack other people's threads with request spam. If you want to post requests, do it in the Request forum.

I can make a team colored version too after the one is approved... Shyguy model was a modified snifit. :p

Level 11
There might be a problem here. The "Birdo" model should be named Ostro. You know, in mario 2 Birdo was a Bird Ride for Shy Guys.

Nah is not Ostro.. you have them backwards see
http://www.mariowiki.com/Ostro

You are thinking of Oberto, which was the former name I believe of the confused gendered male version... This one is yoshi's love.. But you can use her as a bad guy if you desire. (I prolly would )

215px-MP8_Birdo.jpg

she can be bad or good, its up to the map maker.

Stange part is if you look here:
111px-Birdo.PNG
It calls her birdo in mario 2 ... I swore it was Oberto... Maybe they tweaked it like they did with princess toadstool/peach

Reguardless I'm Tweaking them all (including making snifit and shyguy smaller, and birdo will have a more decent appearence)

Level 7
I really can't wait for the Snifit and Shy guys. Shy Guys have been a favorite enemy of mines since SMB2, but mostly Paper Mario 64. Those were the best days.

Nintendo should've at least had a Snifit in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, in fact, they should've had a lot of Classic enemies in that game. It would've made the game more epic than it really is. :grin:

Level 11
I really can't wait for the Snifit and Shy guys. Shy Guys have been a favorite enemy of mines since SMB2, but mostly Paper Mario 64. Those were the best days.

Nintendo should've at least had a Snifit in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, in fact, they should've had a lot of Classic enemies in that game. It would've made the game more epic than it really is. :grin:

i was trying to find a chart of mario characters.. I am even making some of my own (which I call mario characters since they are ment to be for mario)

Status
Not open for further replies.