• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] More help I need :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have problems with the triggers:
1.Dota-like -ar mode (allrandom). Event: Player 1 writes -rg and that is all I can do on this trigger. It is supose to continue by random picking a hero fro gangsTA tavern LA or gangsTA taver California and spawn it on hero spawn location or hero spawn location 2
2. Dota-like -ap mode (allpick). Event: Player 1 writes -pg and the action is unsolved. It is supose to give reveal you the tavern on the other side of the map and you can choose a hero. When you do this the hero is spawned on hero spawn location or hero spawn location 2 (1 location for each team base). I will e glad to read your aswers and your help. BTW HIVEWORKSHOP RULES! IT TEACHED ME TO DO THE BASIC trigger THINGS! EVERY DAY I AM GOING NEAR THE TOP (getting a pro :bored: :xxd: :eekani: ) ohh... heres the map... it might help you (I haven't created the hero spawn location :hohum: )

Attachments

• California vs LA 1.1.w3x
    584.6 KB · Views: 31
Level 16
here's dota template

Maps, Projects and Downloads

A free DotA template for any mapper to use. Includes all the desired modes of gameplay. All random, All pick, an item combiner, multiboard and sample heroes. Revives fallen heroes and tallies score. Prevents most back dooring and spawns stronger units when barracks fall. Revives creeps camps on the map. A free, open source map for you to create your own Defense of the Ancients.

Level 7
Neavea I have Tryed... trust me... But it seems impossible to my skillz! Allrandom: Event: Player 1 write -rg Action: Train 1 random unit for player 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10 and spawn it into Spawn Hero Region 1 or 2 (For every team there is 1 Region)
Allpick: Event: Player writes -pg Action: Give player 1,2,3,4 vision to the Other team's spawning tavern and let the pick from it. The picked hero is spawned on Spawn Hero Region 1. Give player 7,8,9,10 vision to the Other team's spawning tavern and let the pick from it. The picked hero is spawned on Spawn Hero Region 2. PLEASE HELP ME MAKE IT FOR REAL!

Level 9
first of all you need to learno how to store variables or somthing in dota template everything is simple but first time is always hard i remember my first try before 2 years but now things are quite easy you can't create a rpg or somthing like dota for your first map try to create some rpg after this another maps and look in this forum and read. here is my hint store heroes in variables and then when player type the comand create random variable for player blue and all others

Level 5
it's much harder to do it without variables!

The -pg is quite easy to do.
For the -rg command it is better to have an unit array with all heroes available. Then give player 1,2 and so on a random hero of that array.

You can do that on your own, it isn't that difficult. Here is an intialization trigger and the beginning of the other trigger to help you:

• Hero Array Intialize
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Hero_Array[1] = Mountain King
      • Set Hero_Array[2] = Crypt Lord
      • Set Hero_Array[3] = whatever...
      • -------- Do that for all heroes available --------
  • Rg Command
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -rg as ..
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Hero_Array[(Random integer number between 1 and 10)] for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing 270.00 degrees
          • -------- In this case, every player gets a random selected hero at his player start location --------
Good luck and give it a try.

Level 7
redscores I give it a try but I think you are a very retarded little asshole! Didn't I write what I need on the page, a? Redscores... Feetspores! You never help noobs. And don't tell me what to do... I will quit mapmaking anytime I want... I just wanted to do this map... Anyway, making maps is bullshit. You can always find a map with your idea. I don't care if I will be banned for this speech... FUCK YOU WETHORSE!

Level 21
Well, I would help you if your posts would not be so negative, for example:
it is easyer to do it without variables. I don't know how to work with them and I don't care how to work with them. HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!

And I explain you know how to use variables:

Firstly: Why should you use Variables?

Okay, Variables are to save data, let me explain why you need that, all natives beside triggering unit vanish after a wait function, so you need to save for example a killing unit in a variable, variables are like containers for data, they last until they get set to zero, some variables need to be special cleaned, for example Groups, Player Groups and Locations, those are called "leaking" variables, for help at cleaning those: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f269/things-leak-35124/

A example for a leaking variable, you declare the global Group variable "Lol", okay, this is a group which can store alot of units inside (infinite.. nearly), you can pick every unit inside of that group through unit group functions and manipulate them, if you dont need the variable anymore simply create a custom script function and write inside "call DestroyGroup(udg_Lol)" without the ' " '.

A non-leaking variable is for example a real, reals are for example 1.00, there is a similiar data type, named integer, these look like this: 1. Reals and Integers dont need to get set to zero, only if you want to use them again with a calculation, otherwise they would keep their old value if not saved.

Example for a real and a integer:

Integer Variable: set integer = 1 (sets "integer" to 1)

Real Variable: set real = 1.25 (sets "real" to 1.25)

Okay, following scenario, you want 2 parameters, which you both want to save, height and length, you got 2 variables, h and l, both real variables.

The wrong way to save those would be:

set h = height
set h = length

this would over write "h" and and at the end there would only length be in "h".

The right way to save those would be:

set l = length
set h = height

this would give you access to both parameters, instead of the phrases: length and height you can put in any numbers, you can calculate with reals and integers.
You can use them in many different functions, for calculations etc.

BEST THING IS: Global Variables (GUI variables) can be accessed even over different triggers, so you can use for example a unit variable in 2 triggers at the same time. (But this can cause bugs if the variables get constantly overwritten).

A very important thing: Arrays, each variable can be a array, arrays are quite useful, they are indexed variable chains and can be used in many situations, for example for a spells damage, like this:

real Dmg[1] (this is the variable used in this example, a arrayed real, arrays have a chain length of max 8192 list length, but dont use so many, it will cause bugs)

set Dmg[1] = 100.00
set Dmg[2] = 200.00
set Dmg[3] = 300.00

now you can access through a integer which is set to the current level of the ability of the caster the level and just use the array to get access to the wanted damage amount and use him in a heal, or a damage function to get your correct damage.

Well, I explained now the raw basics, if you want to hear more details, tell me your questions, and next time try to be more friendly.

Level 5
First of all, you should read redscores explination to variables, this could help you.

Next: How to create a variable:
1.Go to the (Trigger)-Editor (F4) (is that name correct? xD )
2.Go to Variables (CTRL+B)
3.Create a new variable (CTRL+N)
4.Give the new variable a useful name and set its type to 'Unit-Type'
5.Mark the box that says 'Array', then press ok, your global GUI variable is finished

Next: How to set a variable:
1.Go to the trigger where you want to set the variable
2.Create a new action and change 'Do nothing' to 'Set Variable' (it's the 8th from above i think)
3.Change the red 'Variable' to your created variable. You see that there comes another red 'Index', that's the number of your array.
4.Set it to 1 and now pick the hero-type you want to the red 'Value'
5.Copy/Paste the action and change the array-number and hero-type to the next one and so on.

If you want to continue mappaking, I suggest that you read some GUI tutorials. Or do it like me and experience a little. I got all my GUI knowledge only with learning-by-doing.

So, gl.

greetz

Level 7
Unit - Create 1 Hero_Array[(Random integer number between 1 and 10)] for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) I cannot create this. I get stuck at the part afte create 1 Hero_array PLS HELP!

Level 15
Sigh, don't flame please. I will help you with this map but do not flame anymore. Just learn from this, I will get it done ASAP. JUST DO NOT SPAM!
EDIT: Done, I guess, haven't tested it cos I have no time. I fixed some leaks for the movement for player 12 so read the comment there and after you finish reading it, just delete it and try to fix the leaks. Hope this helps your future as a mapmaker :D
BTW, Redscore, you are too harsh on newbies, were you never someone who had no idea what were variables?
PLEASE DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR ORIGINAL AS I AM NOT SURE WHETHER THE TRIGGERS WORK!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.