• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] MOPS System V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Well... I do apologize for the lack of examples.

The real thing is I get excited while I work on it and post up all the features before it's done : P.

and like I said in an earlier post, I'm probably discontinuing this. At the very least, I'm not going to be going back to this for a bit. I went back to my save/load system : P. I ended up re-writing a lot of the codes because I came up with new features, ideas, and upgrades like something that I call variance which uses checksums to change the code so that changing one value would change the entire code ^)^. Actually, that made me come up with a new idea just now : O. Random Checksum Variance, fuahah. Oh well, but yea : ).

And with vjass, you have to predefine data structures. With MOPS you define them while the game is going. With VJass, you can set up a system similar to MOPS, but you still have to make it.

Uh, I also designed 1 other system while working on my save/load, and that really is done at the moment. It took me all of 10 minutes ;o. A memory allocation system that allows any function to send any amount of data to any other function and return any amount of data of any type. Pretty much, you can send 1 piece of data one time and 3 pieces of data the next time to the same function from functions that normally wouldn't be able to call it. It also features multi-threading capabilities : ), but there's nothing in it yet to make functions wait for data they require before starting ><, so right now I'm just using steps, which means that when I upgrade the allocation system, imma have to re-write the save/load system yet again ><.

But yea, I plan to release both together along with a small script that inject code into your main function. It auto-retrieves your map settings, so nothing to worry about. It also calls a function that calls all of your custom functions in the map. Well really, it multi-threads them ;o. It also sets some constant variables for system design, a lay out I came up with ^_^, so you just say the regular function name + InitFunc I guess ;o. I even came up with a way of naming systems to keep them all unique and keep them from colliding with each other ; P. So yea, I'm taking some of the MOPS features and putting them into mini systems.

Oh well, I know you're all just itching to see the code, but like I said, imma release it when I'm done with the save/load -/-, and who's to say imma actually finish it this time.. well, really I think I am. I was playing an ORPG map and the save/load system was broken ; P, so i kinda opened it, deleted their save/load system and started putting mine in until I realized mine wasn't even done ;o. I REally wanna play that map though. It was really sick : D.

Oh well, until next time

-Nes nes : D

Status
Not open for further replies.