• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Most bosses in general seem to move too slow and can be easily kited throughout the map. The damage seems about right, a few of the spells damage could be increased. Even if you stand in a few of them you normally won't die. Played it on normal but I think the bosses could use more life, I'll have to try it on a harder difficulty and see how it goes.

Level 6
I'll have to replay it again and pay more attention to the bosses. Later on I'll post some ideas of mine. I don't know the actual spells or spell names, so sorry for any confusion. Lets get everyone involved I'll make a format and you can all give feedback!
(x) = Could use some change
(?) = Not sure what it does

[A] (Mini Boss) The Black Widow

1. Poison - One of the better debuffs
2. (x) Spawn Eggs - Summons are about the right strength for the level. The hatching time could be decreased by a second or two, easy to kill.
[A web spell might be nice that roots/stun in place]

Leoric the Undercooled

1. Blizzard - A good spell that requires people to move and can be interrupted.
2. Freeze - This is a great effect and I don't think it should be changed.
3. (x) Summon Skeletons - A weak spell, they get one to two shot depending on your character. Barely deal any damage to the heroes. I think the units should be buffed or possibly place spawner units/buildings instead that constantly spawn units until you kill it. Make a few heroes in the group focus on those. If not that the spell should be changed to a new one.
4. Frost Aura - Movement speed slowing aura is a cool idea
5. (x) Bloodlust - Didn't seem to fit the boss but it's still a decent spell. Could use a change or buff.
6. Fear - Loss of control is a great way to panic players

[C] (Mini Boss) Cthulhu the Great Old One

1. Curse - An okay spell.
2. (x) Sleep - The duration is too short. Its like a minor stun. Could add a few more seconds to it.
3. Tentacles - Does a good amount of damage if you stay in it too long.

[D] Mordred the Reaper

1. (x) Fly/Leap - A decent spell, but it seems too slow to get to the casting point. The heroes have plenty of time to move. Also when fighting him, he tried to cast this on me but kept getting stopped on the column. Would turn towards me jump up, get stuck, and fall back down onto the other melee heroes.
2. Poltergeist - Confused when it was first cast on me, but it does a good amount of damage when the duration is over.
3. Gargoyle Swarm - Stuns and damages, good spell.
4. Mirror Image - I personally liked this spell the best. Takes some damage away from the real one as intended. Not sure how much damage if any the clone does.
5. Unholy Aura - Good support aura.

[E] Barney the Behemoth

1. (?) Not sure if he has any spells.

[F] Roryn the Betrayer

1. (x) Soul Shield - Great defensive spell. Blocks a good amount of damage. Could possibly add an effect for when it is destroyed, damaging or debuffing nearby heroes.
2. Leap - No change needed here. Fast and deadly.
3. (x) Arrow Barrage - Similar to the ability of Mordred but with an arrow animation. A different AOE spell could replace this one. Possibly something like thunder clap, due to the actual model. (More sinister though)
4. (x) Life Drain - I didn't see a big gain in life but more damage to the hero. Probably because of the little life of heroes, if there was a way to increase the amount of life gained it would be great. (Not sure how much is actually drained. Hard to pay attention to things like this in combat.)

[G] Visara the Dreadful

1. (x) Teleportation - A good troll spell. Not saying it should be changed but if the doors were to close during this fight it would put the heroes at an even higher disadvantage, taking more time to get back.
2. (x) Summon Ghouls - Summons were a little weak, could use a buff. Another idea I had is if she summoned undead dwarves. They wouldn't have a lot of life but would have higher than average damage. Give them a timed life and when killed you lose a little score ;). Force a hero to kite them or just kill them to save you trouble and time.
3. Mind Control - Perfect spell.
4. Silence - Good spell.
5. Chain Lightning - Decent CC could use a little more damage.

My input, feel free to discuss

Last edited:
Level 1
ELECTROLYTE the final boss has also silence and some kind of chain lightning spell also the chain does low dmg and the silence is like 3-5 sec.

Level 6
-Vampire's "Vampiric Curse" is a little weak. I think it could use some more damage per interval.
-Voidwalkers chain lighting "like" spell could also use some more damage. Seemed to be doing as much as an auto attack would and I think spells should do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.