• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monobattle - Sactuary 1.0

What if you could only make Kodo Beasts or Ghouls?
Based on the popular Starcraft 2 map, in Monobattle you're given a single type of unit to create. Team up with your allies and devise new strategies to tackle the opponent team in this casual melee-variant map.

Choose from 3 different game modes to select your unit for the match; either randomly, by your own preference, or in a single draft system.

If you have any suggestions or feedback on how to improve the map, or find any bugs or glitches, please let me know in the comments or by DM!

Do not edit and re-upload this map without my permission.
Contents

Monobattle - Sactuary 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
A really cool game which should be enjoyed with friends. Kinda sad that there isn't any 1.31 version for it. Approved!
Level 5
As a map creator, it's always difficult to know how a map, even a simple concept like this, will play out. I'm already considering a couple changes to the map, such as allowing only 1 hero per player (fitting the "mono" theme), or by implementing some form of anti-tower rush.

If you try the map out, let me know what you think!

Level 17
nice and interesting concept, only one unit is (I think a bit not enough) maybe 2 or 3. If you needs too much your allied.... if he leaves the game or just dies... what can you do?

Cause the player will spamindefinitly the same building no? It should be interesting that unit could be built in different buildings (in function of themes) (wyvern rder can be created in orcish training camp with Grunts but in aviary with other flying beats for example) to let players choose units in function of strategy and base.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope it's understandable.

Level 5
nice and interesting concept, only one unit is (I think a bit not enough) maybe 2 or 3. If you needs too much your allied.... if he leaves the game or just dies... what can you do?

Cause the player will spamindefinitly the same building no? It should be interesting that unit could be built in different buildings (in function of themes) (wyvern rder can be created in orcish training camp with Grunts but in aviary with other flying beats for example) to let players choose units in function of strategy and base.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope it's understandable.

Interesting suggestions for sure, though unfortunately changes like those wouldn't be possible with how the map's currently designed, it would essentially require starting over from scratch.

I didn't want to deviate too much from the original WC3 melee mode, aside from the single-unit rule, because I learned from SC2 that it can be a more casual-friendly approach to dipping your feet into the original melee mode.

Level 17
Maybe add a mode? allow the host to define the number of units allowed. The default mode allow only 1.
I'm sorry but It's the process of creation to improve, change stuff and sometimes start again. I'm not saying it's effective or easy..

It's a mod that work good in Starcraft 2 but do you think it will fit warcraft 3 game? Are they the same units than starcraft 2 map?
It's just suggestions, this map is yours. I'm not saying this map is lacking of features. It's good to have convictions, but sometimes other people can have other envy, it is these people that will download the map.

It's nice you read my previous post

:D

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

A really cool game which should be enjoyed with friends. Kinda sad that there isn't any 1.31 version for it.

Approved!