• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DeskBall 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Description:

As minimap's picture says - it's pinball

4 teams fight theyself. in every team is one Desk and one Ball manager.
The Desk is moving in base line and pull over the balls.
The Ball Manager is here before help his desk and make it harder for enemy's teams

Features:

as Desk: move left, move right, instaly stop, flag near enemy. The icons is amature, but own(*). Moving is like "slide script" but no "Red_slide = true/false", but it slide from fast to zero.

as Ball Manager: can attack, can die, can respawn after to "respawn place" which is randomized at the start of the game (everyone have some(*)). Skills: Bolt (hit 100 damage with stun efect (don't work on ball)), Double ball (torn one ball into two balls in face and angle of caster.. (*)), Transform into Ball.

as Ball: Skills: Resize (small sized for 2sec), Invisible (big transparently for 2 sec), Turn left (change a bit direction to left), turn right, Speed up (increase a bit speed), Speed down.

* the screenshots (maybe movie) are coming to understand description

Chanelog:

tooo much tests version was tested on b.net... but this is final workable version 1.0

Version 1.0
•Decrease filesize (from 3.2MB to 1.75MB -> Not Avaliable song removed)
•L00P hYpnoticA have 2 varies of pitch > like 2 another songs
•FINALY FIX DESK MOVE BUG - it move right right, and left too right ;-)
•FINALY FIX BALL's SKILLS (I repaired it 3543 times, and every this time it broke my excited and DeskBall.w3x was Falling in Hate
•Fix Ball's speed
•Fix Ball's bonus speed (ball's skills section, but it was Triple fixed (3 another ""wrongs"", so it need to be written 2x)
•ehmm.. AND Tooooo MUCH ;-)

Coming Up:

•make new skill to ball manager: Summon magnetic Eye unit -> will change directions of near balls to him.. have not thinked all variables yet, it may have many variables etc, which I don't need to lag game.
•The desk's "pulling over" script will be: left part of desk will pull ball gently left, right right, etc -> know all needed scripts yet.

Credits:

terain, icons, scripts ... created by Stepn
Music: BioChemical Code: Hypnotica L00P

note
sometimes the desk dont pull over ball. don't know why, Its some unknow power, which I can't understand
•If U are interested in this map/idea, please don't make any fakin copie, but easily contact me with proposal which do U wanna to remade/update/delete/make :wink:

Keywords:
DeskBall, pinball, mini-game, minigame, stepn
Contents

DeskBall v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
19:01, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
hey, first upload is up ;-)
1) if U trasfer into ball, the skills work only sometimes, and badly - dunno why
2) desk pull over work too only something :-/ Sh1t...
^^ think that's before too much variables and too much scripts...

○ I'm LF someone who can continue in this map (accurate fic that "bugs" - cuz i cant fix it)

Level 7
Im not sure what all these people are thinking when they make maps and upload but ADD A DESCRIPTION! as i said in the last game i posted on IM NOT DOWNLOADING THIS UNTIL I KNOW WHAT IT IS. add it and possibly some screenshots.

Level 9
Though you can kinda tell from the picture it's just 4 way pong.

Btw,the shortcut key D doesn't work and doesn't move to the right unless i click the actual icon. Also, the ball got stuck between a tree and no one could get it.

Level 13
lol it is a different idea as far as something that can be done in wc3.. and it is v1.0 i say give him a break.. lol
(although screen shots would be nice in a game like this so you know right what your getting into before u dl, probably wont dl it either yet loll)

Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Rejected

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.