• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Modified) Lighthing shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So, i was wondering, is it possible to modify lightning shield so instead of dealing damage to any unit around, it deal 400 damage when somebody hits the unit which have it.

It can only be cast on self, and upgrades pr. level.

Level 13
OK, please post a message here if you work it out, i couldn't myself.

I'm not so good with spell triggers.

Level 7
Okay here is the spell you requested + I added another type of spell called StoneSkin, for more description about it, read while playing. I hope you like it and if you see any bugs, do report to me, please.

Attachments

• LS + SS.w3x
    22.5 KB · Views: 64
@kaizar, when you make a damage detection system, the unit that takes damage is referred as "Triggering unit", not "Attacked unit". "Attacked/-ing unit" responds to the "Unit - A unit is attacked" event.

This is how your trigger should be, up to the needs of Etzer:

• Lightning Shield Spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Lightning Shield (Hero)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Attacker_Position = (Position of (Damage source))
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Damage source) dealing 400.00 damage of attack type Spells and Damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Damage source) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Purge\PurgeBuffTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Attacker_Position)
        • Else - Actions

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Shouldn't that be:

• Lightning Shield Spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Lightning Shield (Hero)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Damage source) dealing 400.00 damage of attack type Spells and Damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Damage source) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Purge\PurgeBuffTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
That point variable was rather useless?

Level 7
Well, Attacked Unit + Damage Source works, I know that Attacking Unit doesn't work. That was what I did first then I found out it should be, Damage Source.
Secondly, Etzer wants the spell damage to upgrade per level, which I have done, also Etzer can change the Base Damage which is "20" to 400 or whatever he/she wants.

Level 13
Well it has to take 400 damage when it hits, but only 3 times, then it wears off

Status
Not open for further replies.