1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modern Warfare 2 - fail IW

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by Lord_Nor, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe what he may have been trying to say is that cheaters are hard to successfully accuse as cheaters with the ineffective PunkBuster as the game's Anti-Hack because cheaters often say the cause of their mysteriously 'good skill' in the game is because of lag. Although sometimes lag really is the case and no hacks are involved. For example, back when I had wireless internet and was into Counter-Strike: Source a lot, I lagged so much that people would think I was speed hacking. I managed to get banned from servers due to that.

Kicking people with high pings is intelligent. But obviously it's not as easy when dealing with hackers since they have excuses... and sometimes they are believable excuses.

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes but you are asuming they are using the same anti hack technology as they have before. Chances are they are not, and instead probably are using other methods of hack detection (like blizzard's warden which catches ALL hacks) by detecting damage hashes and all kinds of advanced stuff.

Weather they ban hackers is another question, as if they addopt a Blizzard's approach to hacking, the servers will only be hack free evert few months.

3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good point. I agree that they, as well as other game companies, should all learn to spend some time and skill on creating better Anti-Hacker programs that don't suck and are super out-dated.

4. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got MW2 for the PC last night, and started playing it about... two hours ago? Wow, time flies when you're killing people in Khazakstan!

Just for the record, the game is still unreleased for PC. So yeah.

5. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Those two statements contradict each other, unless you payed Pirate Bay a visit and downloaded a console version for the PC. :p

6. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah, Razor released a steam-enabled PC version (lol?), but Skidrow released a non-steam version.

EDIT: Probably preordered the game or something, then sort of took out all of the steam-bits and unlocked it.

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Something tells me this game will be more sucessful than all the previous ones...
    This just goes to show that the thread creator had no idea what he was talking about.

8. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    qft.

9. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, MW2 is awesome. Multiplayer or no, the singleplayer campaign is incredible.

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The only downsides to the campaign I heard (haven't played it myself yet) are that it's too short and the storyline isn't great, but the events in it are pretty awesome and kind of make up for it.

11. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the storyline is awesome and gripping.

12. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will Almighty told me that there are some variation of dedicated servers now. and yes MW2, is BY FAR, the best FPS ever, its quite streamlined. ill be getting the PC version soon, if anyone else has it for pc, hit me up and we can play together on spec ops or somethin.

13. Bane

Bane

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree they failed to an extent for PC gamers but they wanted to prevent xp servers (90% of the servers in WaW are boosting servers). I play on Xbox and it's by far the best FPS iv ever set my eyes on, just hit 3rd prestige.

14. Shaynne

Shaynne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its about time I posted here again. It's not a bad game. The absence of Dedicated servers IS NOT a big deal. The absence of punkbuster may be a problem concerning MW2 no longer has an anti cheat because people are using cheat like:
    • Turning people red to see easier and through walls
    • Aimbots like usual
    • Wallhacking like usual

Come on, go to www.amazon.com www.walmart.com or any sort of online store. It's show that PS3 and Xbox's version of MW2 is 4.5 stars of rating saying its the best game with the best graphics! Rarely any hackers! etc. Then when you look at the PC version, its got 1.5 stars of ration and all the comments are based off the absence of dedicated servers. It's an opinionated comment. Come on... 438 1 star ratings just because people can't handle the fact that there aren't any dedicated servers. IWNet is great but it does have its moments. You can open your NAT type to Open to reduce the chance of "Unable to Connect to Host" or "Game Lobby Closed"

I will understand the fact that if you change your NAT type from Strict to Open, your ISP will start to cry and threaten to shut down your internet if you dont pay more. Some people have actually downgraded to dial-up.

Dedicated servers IS NOT a big deal. You want some fun with friends? Either find a way through the matchmaking by using Steam's own devices such as join game. Or use a Private Match. Otherwise stop complaining.

IMO, the game's got great graphics, great long storyline (it's longer than MW1 so chill), literally a surprise at every goddamn corner. Great Music.

Theres my post and hope ya'll realize the truth about what your saying because all I hear are rants about how dumb the game is.

~SAWFreak

15. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Blah blah blah. Its not about people hating great game for a small problem, its about people hating it for comparing PC with console games. mods and dedicated servers were allways the part of PC shooters and now they are getting rid of it just for goddamn equality... PC should never be compared with consoles!

16. Shaynne

Shaynne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dont forget, IW said they wanted to try something new. Who knows? maybe they'll change it back to dedicated servers and punkbuster. Cause all you need is a patch. Problem is, if we keep criticizing the game, it'll come out later.

17. Bane

Bane

Resources:
    Resources:
    Theyre not adding dedicated servers and punkbuster into Mod2 after it's released. Besides, punkbuster is a buggy piece of shit to be honest.

18. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd rather wait long than having bad games quickly. Kinda why I like Blizzard.

19. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's definitely awesome, gripping, etc., but I don't think it's the UTMOST BEST. Just beat Bridge Spec Ops level on Veteran, solo, using that scoped semi-automatic rifle and a desert eagle, by the way.

20. Shaynne

Shaynne

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry for bragging but i gotta say, 100% completion on Singplayer, Multiplayer, and Spec Ops