• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modern Streetlight

Modern Streetlight
by JB_McKnight

___Old Description: Made this resource myself when I was working on my RA2 map and needed it for a light source because I added a "DARK" game mode with the customscript: Call Daylight Models thing... I didn't have any internet connection so I couldn't go online and download the other resources.

Anyways, I hope you guys have as much use of it as I did

___New Description: If you guys remember the old version of this model, it'd be clear that I did a COMPLETE RE-DO of the model. I started from scratch with a more complex mesh and used different in-game textures. And as a bonus, I added unique animations to the model to make it fit different occasions.

Textures:
In-game

Various Animations:
>Birth and Death
-The light flickers as it fades in or fades out, just in case you might want to get it involved in a situation where 'The City' suffers an event that makes it lose power, or when you're in an abandoned city and you are restoring power.
>Birth and Death ALTERNATE
-The light fades in or out cleany, just like with a simple flick of a switch

Update I:
>A whole new mesh
>textures used
>added more animations
>removed teamcolor feature

Update II:
>Recreated the base geoset to solve the blurry texture problem

You may use it if you wish, but in return, I only ask for credits.
Enjoy! :)

Keywords:
modern streetlight street light city doodad
Contents

Modern Streetlight (Model)

Reviews
16:33, 23rd Apr 2013 Misha: i don't think you really need 'birth' on that one, just use it as a doodad. but for the mesh, you really need to create something a little bit more complex than this bunch of boxes. also make sure you wrap them right...

M

16:33, 23rd Apr 2013
Misha: i don't think you really need 'birth' on that one, just use it as a doodad. but for the mesh, you really need to create something a little bit more complex than this bunch of boxes. also make sure you wrap them right

cool edit, although that pole is still kinda blurry, and you don't really need six-sided cylinder for it

cool, now it's all spiffy :p

Level 16
Misha said:
...you don't really need six-sided cylinder for it...

Huh?? I thought I had to. Didn't you say:
Misha said:
...for the mesh, you really need to create something a little bit more complex than this bunch of boxes. also make sure you wrap them right
You sent me that message when you moderated my old version of the model which was only made of boxes. And Wrapping a texture meant for a cylindrical object unto boxes is really confusing. So I thought you wanted me to do a cylinder for the base.

Then now you said I didn't need to use cylinders.
I'm confused...

Level 5
Really useful model. A lot of people would find this useful I'm sure! I see no mistakes aswell. Curses, how did you know I'm attracted to bright lights? My curse upon thee!