• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So a long time ago when i was still learning about triggers and all, i thought i could steal a couple models. (But i am not like that anymore) So i pulled it out of the map, and when i tried to import it it gave me the whole 'Could not set up temporary directory' 'Access denied' Back then i thought. 'Well it's probably a protected model' And went on with my life. But now that i know more, and i am importing the models from this site. (By the way awesome job the all the people who made them 5/5!) But i downloaded all these cool models, and 9/10 times it gave me the whole Could not set up temporary directory' 'Access denied' garbage all over again. I know people wouldn't put protected models in this site, and then the left over 1/10 times i get a model that will actually made it onto the map don't work. i get rid of the war3imported/ thing, and i restart the world editor, and i only got two to actually, and i made a new map, and when i put them on it either did the Could not set up temporary directory' 'Access denied' or they showed up as a green box. How do i get the models on, and how do i make sure they don't show up as a green box? It does the same thing when i attempt to put music on too. Thanks if you help.

Level 7
I made it work on some models, So is there a deferent way for each model, and if i am doing it wrong. What is the right way to upload them on my map? They say go to the import manager, and pit it on, but thats where the where 'Access denied' thing came from.

Level 7
I didn't install it, i just use it. My brother used the disk install it, and placed a patch on it so we i don't have to use the disk, because I've already destroyed three disks...That's not a legal version? If i use the Disk to start, will it work?

Level 7
I try that two. I don't want two sound mean or mad or anything like that, but that's not my current problem. I'm focused on getting it in, I have made it work, i know how to do it, maybe i posted the process wrong? I'll double check. By the way, not to get off topic or anything; but nice to meet you, I'm sure we'll get along well, i have good reputations from other sites.

Okay here is a step by step process, tell me if i make a mistake.

Model 1:Beach ball

1: Download model

2: Move ballSkin.blp to desktop

3: Move BeachBall.mdx to desktop

4: Open world edit

5: Module, import manager

6: Import file: BeachBall.mdx

7: Import file: BallSkin.blp

8: Delete war3imported/ on both files

9: Attach the files to peasent

10: Restart world edit

Now i have a beach Ball harvesting gold for me.

Model two: Arcain glave

1: download

2: place ArcaneGlaive_2.mdx on desktop

3: Open world edit

4: Mudule, Import manager

5:Import file: ArcaneGlaive_2.mdx

Heres what is says, tell me if you get any ideas

ERROR

Unable to set up temporary directory 'C:\Programs Files\Warcraft iii\WorldeditTem\'

I press okay

ERROR

Import Failed: could not set up temporary directory

I press okay, and that's the end it goes away, and my model doesn't make it to the map. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 7
Oh, my! Sorry, can i delete my own post and fix it? or...Am i stuck? I'll never do it again. Nice to see you again mon! Was Happening?

Level 7
Wait, what? hover my mouse over what? Do i click anything? I feel REALLY stupid right now, is it this hard for every new-comer?

Level 12
Try putting the model on the unit after you restart the map(you dont have to restart editor, just creat new map and go back to your map) Make sure you put on the right paths, many models have a custom path, require textures\ or just dont add anything

Status
Not open for further replies.