• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Import] Models will not load and loading screen is black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi

I have imported about 45 custom models so far and tested them all to be fully functioning. In the editor, I can see them all working. When I then try to load the map, it either launches a black loading screen, with the in game cursor and is stuck there, or launch the map with the units invisible with shadows.

I should note this is a map connected to a campaign, in which the custom models are imported.

Does it have a limit of how many models you may import or is some model perhaps messing it up? As I said I took the models and loaded them as an individual with no problem.

Level 11
Did you import models with the import manager? Or with the "Imported Files" tab in campaign editor?

Level 8
Did you import models with the import manager? Or with the "Imported Files" tab in campaign editor?

I went to the campaign window > Imported Files, and hit Import File. I haven't imported with Import Manager besides when I tested the models for bugs after the loading errors.

I am using codes such as Human\ before the model code, but it doesn't seem to make problems with any other imported files, so can't be the issue....

Level 11
Do you launch your map from the Test Map button? If so, you need to load your map from the game, in the custom campaign section. If I'm not mistaken, Test Map doesn't work when you're working on a campaign.

Level 8
Do you launch your map from the Test Map button? If so, you need to load your map from the game, in the custom campaign section. If I'm not mistaken, Test Map doesn't work when you're working on a campaign.

Ah... but it did before i used so many models though :/ ...

Level 11
I don't think the number of models is troublesome in your case. You can use dozens of models, hundreds even, and it will still work fine. 45 models is not too much.
Does it work when you play your map from the game?

Level 8
It actually does.. Wops.
I guess I must have messed around not really knowing what I was doing. Oh well, thanks for your time mate, really appreciated. :) !

Status
Not open for further replies.