• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ModelS - Pandaren Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was wondering if one of the wonderful people here on www.wc3sear.ch would make me some panderan

a whole race of them! i just thaught it would be cool if someone could make me a race of pandaren people so i could add that as a race to the kings & Knights map im making

i would want
-Workers
-town hall
-barracks
-altar
-upgrade center
-Samurai*basic melee*
-Archers *basic range*
-Bomb launchers *pandaren would have seige units too*
-lvl2 town hall & level 3 town hall
-some kind of bestiary
-Mothriders *yes panderan on moths, unless you could think of something better*
-some type of tower, maybe 2
-some type of spike trap
-some buttons for upgrades/icons for the units
-some type of geomancer maybe, a shaman type thing, a flying unit meant for attacking ground units, you dont have to worry about tank ground units, pandaren marksmen will be able to hit multiple units w/ their upgrade *they will shoot multiple arrows, not a glaive like huntresses*

i will do my best to implement any ideas any of the artists of the models would like for the units

i would prefer only a few artists to work on this as a team.

seemed like a fun project when i thought of it, but i would never be able to do it. they dont have to be great models, just as good as the b.net ones(which aren't very good lol)

should you choose to accept this mission, remember this: pandaren are kinda fat and look like pandas.
i will give EXTENSIVE credits to whoever makes these models for me :wink:

Level 6
Oddly enough, I may help you with some models and ideas.
[I will not make these models for your map, but for public, as I'm not very fond of Kings and Knights.]

An idea for the seige unit could be a bamboo rocket launcher. Back in the day fireworks were used as rockets and were made of bamboo.

For a heavy air unit, maybe riding on a chinese-styled dragon. Or just the dragon itself.

A bestiary would be a no-no. The Panderan wouldn't likely use animals for battle.

Magic support unit could be an old sage Panderan.

I'll post how I see the Tech tree later.

Level 2
for public

of course it would be for public w/ such a huge request, i wouldn't expect or want anything less. and if you start to work on any models already keep one thing in mind

they dont have to be any better then the bliz models, and they probably shouldn't take up much more space.

if i ever get all the models when i make the whole race i will put it on a seperate map and host it as a resource.

Level 2
no doubt models aren't easy to make otherwise i would make them myself, and im not expecting this to be done any time soon, ill probably end up releasing a final version before this is done, but then if this is ever completed, i will make a reborn until i have the pandaren race complete.

i knew full well this could take a year or more when i asked :D

and i applaud ekoi for helping if there were a few more generous people it would go faster :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.