• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models Not showing but effects showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Man, you can use the simple windows screenshot tool or the snipping tool and upload the files here, that littpe upload a file button under and along with post reply and more options.
You just use tags. For your convenience, you don't need to use external picture sites.

As what I saw into your screenie, man, it looks fine. That 334 seems like the filesize eh.

[QUOTE="MadnessTheKey, post: 3204961, member: 261792"]Green Box[/QUOTE]
If it is greenbox, two reasons:
- You have lost a texture file. Maybe you have deleted it from either inside the map (bad) or from the mpq file of the game (worse).
- The model file has wrong texture pathings.

[QUOTE="MadnessTheKey, post: 3204962, member: 261792"]Another thing to mention that the File Size of my other models went down to 0 Randomly![/QUOTE]
There are factors why the models become zero, did you replaced an in-game object?
For example, you replaced the filepath of 'footman' or any other else. It becomes zero when you make custom units by just editing the general in game ones.

For the blp files, same ways, it happens naturally becomes zero. It happens to custom sound sets too.

Try to use custom objects by making a new one and not editing the in game data of old ones.

Level 6
The Model worked before now it doesn't whats the matter?
And when you say Deleted it inside the map or from the mpq do you mean the wc3ft mpq?
Any of those. Try to check the files.
Also, most importantly, check each of the model's textures, the paths, the texture blp files.

In my opinion
You might have replaced a texture used by your effect with the texture needed for your model which it does not accept as wrap.

Level 6
Can i contact you on skype and maybe let you to get it to work? if So Add me on skype
Literally Models doesn't work anymore even if they show in Worldeditor
I don't have skype man, but I can help you better with screenshots and send me some of it. I'll send you a sample of the import manager here and other screenshots on how to do stuff because your problem in the editor is vague and many factors might be affecting the issue.

See, the KB's in the import manager, it is not zero, it works. I saw your screenshot, the model has bytes in it. It means it is replaced.
kapture-jpg.281720

P.S.
Try not to replace your models with paths that are already in game. Maybe make some custom ones.
You will see in the right part of the editor, mine, my doodads (same way with units), they have custom ids and data. I avoid using and replacing the in-game ones.

Attachments

• Kapture.JPG
    Kapture.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 126

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Another thing to mention that the File Size of my other models went down to 0 Randomly!
That means they are nothing more than empty files.

The solution is to re-import all these broken assets and save so they are not empty files anymore.

They might become empty files if the editor application has priveledge problems so cannot fetch or create the required temporary files. It can also happen randomly on map save due to some bug (forget the exact cause, usually third party plugins which fail during the save procedure).

Level 6
Hello man,i would like to say thank you for your hard effort i managed to fix the problem myself All models are working perfectly Now, Thanks for replying and being a great sport! later lad..
Oh man, no problem.I just checked your cool map. Bro I did not see a model bug there. Did you just almost ingame models?

How did it work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.