• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models and Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Where have all the good models and skins gone? All I see now are half-@$$ed models and skins that would take my 2 year old brother 5 minutes to create. Look at some works by Whitehorn, Xaran, Rommel, Wormskull, Urkdrengi, and other high class skinners and modelers. Make new and original things. Dont just geomerge random things together to make a terrible model or dont CnP things or use filters to much, do freehanded work. Practice then post. Make something that you would be willing to put in your map!

Bring Back all the good stuff. Pass the word around please!

Level 13
EDIT as an answer to sophos post below this one

ill only get puishment if i did, and i dont think ive been to the model section (or i was there like once).

so i was just saying i have them, but like i said i probobly cant post them.

Level 2
Well im just say that the quality of the models and skins has just... well... it just gets worse and worse as time goes on. There are a few exeptions but not many. I just want people to try again. Not to critique this to death but look at this skin http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Skins&ID=2772 (no offence Socrate-, because its your first skin) but all this is, is a recolor. There was no effort involved (well maybe a little). All im saying is try to make some good stuff and, I dont know make a contest or something to get ppl to make good skins and models.

Level 8
Sure plenty of people submit junk, but you gotta look for good skins,, and when you find some good ones see if you can find more by those people through their names and things. Like if you look at my profile or whatever you can go to all my skins which I put a good amount of time into so you know they won't be garbage.

Level 13
it has been discussed many times about the skins being very useless or poorly made. thats why the "Request Delete" option was made in the skin section

if you have the ability to do something about it, do it

Level 8
not to many people actually use the skins and stuff in there maps... i mean look at at least 3/4 of the maps on this site have models either not here or no models at all... and yet theres hundreds of them! i dont look at skins like something u would use in a game... i look at them as a challenge (and god they are a challenge its so hard ^^)

Level 12
The end justifies the means, You shouldn't generallize saying that all geoset merges/cnps are crap and that things from scratch are good, I saw somethings from scratch that suck badly, and geosetmerges/cnps that rock.

Anyways there are good stuff out there, only that there are too much models that are occupying space close to them, I think the condition for deleting stuff was changed somehow, and some stuff that was deleted for sure before isn't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.