• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Video Tutorial [Reviewed]

Level 21
This Video Tutorial will show you how to make a low poly biped. NOT the head, though, as there is a fine tutorial for that over at WC3C

The way I model is not necessarily the best way, but it's a way to

If you see in the video, near the end, that place between the chest and arm is made of 4 triangles that make a point in the center, just delete those and make it into a square like seen below

ModelingTutorialSS1.jpg

Attachments

• ModelingTutorial1.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 1,828
Last edited:
Level 6
Dear god, that's fast. I don't think it could be considered a tutorial (no sound, very fast-paced and unable to read what you wrote). However, I could consider it a movie of "look at my skills at modelling". Anyways, it's a good job, and turns out nice. Just not what I'd consider a "tutorial".

TDR

TDR

Level 18
oh, man...no wonder it takes you so much to make a model. You barely use any keyboard shortcuts. Not even the basic w,e,r for move/rotation/scale. To become really productive, you should assign keyboard shortcuts to everything you need. I barely need the interface anymore, for example. And you should explain at the beginning of the tutorial the kind of tools you use and the shortcuts you assigned to them, also specify what level of skill the tutorial is dedicated to. For example, this would be for intermediate users that are already familiar with max's interface. But the quality of the model you made denotes a beginner skill level...I know you improved greatly since you made this model, and I bet you know now that this one's terrible (just look at that topology and how terrible it is...it's not animatable at all).

Oh, and the way you applied symmetry also sucks man...Allign the pivot point of your mesh to 0 on the x axis and THEN apply symmetry, so it will be a perfect symmetry...don't eyeball it.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
wrong. That's where you control the position of the transform gizmo. You modify the pivot's position from the Hierarchy tab in the command panel, by activating "Affect Pivot Only". Always remember to reset the transforms after you do that!