• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model will not turn transparent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hello :) i'm trying to make the NE building birth anim play for a building which has no birth anims and although this trigger works perfectly for all my other buildings and in a sense works for the problematic ( will call it MagicTree) the MagicTree won't become transparent ?_? no matter what.
Here is the trigger I used below a trigger which works for all my other building except for the MagicTree

• Birth anim Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructing structure)) Equal to Tree of Life
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local effect udg_SFX2
      • Custom script: local unit udg_Building2
      • Set Building2 = (Constructing structure)
      • Animation - Change Building2's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Building2 using SharedModels\NEBirth.mdl
      • Set SFX2 = (Last created special effect)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of Building2) Equal to Tree of Life
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 80.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Building2 is alive) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Destroy SFX2
          • Animation - Change Building2's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency
        • Else - Actions
By the way the Magic true is based off the chimera roost object data and uses the world tree model in dota

Sylvan%20Tree.jpg

Level 37
From the looks of your trigger, Building2 doesn't become transparent until it has finished construction.

What is the point of this function if Building2 is already non-transparent?
  • Animation - Change Building2's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

OT: This needs to be moved to Triggers & Scripts.

Level 9
From the looks of your trigger, Building2 doesn't become transparent until it has finished construction.

What is the point of this function if Building2 is already non-transparent?

OT: This needs to be moved to Triggers & Scripts.

that function makes building 2 transparent (well supposed to)
but instead NE building anims play for the amount of time their supposed while the building is visible on top of the anims

Level 9
If you're setting their transparency to 0.00%, that makes them visible. a 100.00% transparency makes them invisibile.

oh well if I do that then the building and the birth anim are invisible and like I said the above trigger works for every other model. could it be the model it self causing the problem?

EDIT: if I change the building's model to something else it works but I don't understand why?

Level 9
Many structures don't work with transparency or invisibility. Don't know why.

Damn well for now I got to work using a dummy unit with the NE building anims as its model which is then replaced upon completion with the real building. only annoyance is that when your placing the building in game to decide where it will be constructed you get the NE building anim model but ah well its practically perfect besides so thanks every one for trying to help and thanks for confirming my fears Silent

Status
Not open for further replies.