1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[model] walking dragons

Discussion in 'Requests' started by sirevil, Aug 26, 2007.

1. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    wondering if someone (or ones) out there can make verisons of the 5 dragons in wc3 with walking animations and whatnot, but no morph or flying animations and hopefully use the same skins as ingame.

and yes i know there are some up but I don't think wolf animations work at all for it, I'm guessing some new or custom ones will be needed to be made...

thanks in advance

2. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hmm until those are made, i think wyrms/lizards are a pretty good replacement

3. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    you know I think that might be better replacement animations for the walking

4. Arcanon

Arcanon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played OutsiderXE's campaign, Day of the Dragon, it has some amazing Dragon Aspect models, but I don't know whether the map is protected or not... Ysera's and Alexastra's models could both fly and walk on the ground,
    Deathwing could only fly I think, but it has a great model. Malygos, on the other hand, can only walk! (costum models and animations, using in-game stuff is quite difficult for this kind of animation).

5. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    The models for DotD were WoW exports. All except the Malygos one which was a WoW model edit by olofmoleman.

6. Elfsilver Lord

Elfsilver Lord

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I believe I have Mc's dragon pack. I don't know if he wants it to be circulated, but he might...

7. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, hes referring to a pack with 5 dragons (of each color) with both walk and fly anims. I don't think they are still downloadable though.

9. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    The attack anims in land mode are kinda dull... And the spell one looks like they're breaking their necks...

12. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Errr... I could try to edit the Thunder lizard \ Salamander models, add wings and such, but it might not turn out the way you'd like... I'll get back to you on my progress later.

13. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks man, I saw one like that but the model looked to much like a kodo or thunder lizard model wise, not skin. hopefully you can pull it off better

14. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Ok... so here we are. This is basically a first touch at the model.
    Two things you need to know... I cannot animate, and can't help with the way he looks while moving
    Next, I cannot skin. However, if you can or know someone that is willing to give it a decent skin, you have my permission to do so.
    Tell me what you think, and dont be afraid to ask for a change. ^.^

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  15. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    that... is more what I'm looking for, if we can get a real wc3 dragon model to animate like that and maybe some other small changes we got it

16. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    So.... are you happy with the model as is? if not, what can i do to finish it, and which should i do next?

17. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    what I had in mind was a dragon model with its animations something like that. maybe not running but have a nice walking pace thats not to slow, the attacks works, and a different death animation.

18. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well... I did try leaving the regular walk animation in, but it really does look God-awful. I think this will be as good as i can get this dragon to look, so ill be hunting for textures for greenie.
    Maybe you could find someone to edit his walk animation to the way you'd like?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007