• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[model] walking dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
wondering if someone (or ones) out there can make verisons of the 5 dragons in wc3 with walking animations and whatnot, but no morph or flying animations and hopefully use the same skins as ingame.

and yes i know there are some up but I don't think wolf animations work at all for it, I'm guessing some new or custom ones will be needed to be made...

thanks in advance

Level 1
I played OutsiderXE's campaign, Day of the Dragon, it has some amazing Dragon Aspect models, but I don't know whether the map is protected or not... Ysera's and Alexastra's models could both fly and walk on the ground,
Deathwing could only fly I think, but it has a great model. Malygos, on the other hand, can only walk! (costum models and animations, using in-game stuff is quite difficult for this kind of animation).

Level 4
Errr... I could try to edit the Thunder lizard \ Salamander models, add wings and such, but it might not turn out the way you'd like... I'll get back to you on my progress later.

thanks man, I saw one like that but the model looked to much like a kodo or thunder lizard model wise, not skin. hopefully you can pull it off better

Level 22
Ok... so here we are. This is basically a first touch at the model.
Two things you need to know... I cannot animate, and can't help with the way he looks while moving
Next, I cannot skin. However, if you can or know someone that is willing to give it a decent skin, you have my permission to do so.
Tell me what you think, and dont be afraid to ask for a change. ^.^

Last edited:
Level 4
Ok... so here we are. This is basically a first touch at the model.
Two things you need to know... I cannot animate, and can't help with the way he looks while moving
Next, I cannot skin. However, if you can or know someone that is willing to give it a decent skin, you have my permission to do so.
Tell me what you think, and dont be afraid to ask for a change. ^.^

that... is more what I'm looking for, if we can get a real wc3 dragon model to animate like that and maybe some other small changes we got it

Level 4
what I had in mind was a dragon model with its animations something like that. maybe not running but have a nice walking pace thats not to slow, the attacks works, and a different death animation.

Level 22
Well... I did try leaving the regular walk animation in, but it really does look God-awful. I think this will be as good as i can get this dragon to look, so ill be hunting for textures for greenie.
Maybe you could find someone to edit his walk animation to the way you'd like?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.