• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model turned inside-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I did a model a long time ago, its my first and only model so far.
After exporting it with neodex, i got a few issues like black and red texture only, after a few fixes with mago's I was seeing the face of my model inside his head, mirrored on his back...

Well, look for yourself:

attachment.php

The left one is with 2-side active, the right one is without 2-side.
Anyway, the main problem is, the alpha are doing nothing! Its working on the .blp, but its not invisible on the model! (Lower, on his robe, its supposed to be full of cuts (the darker part is the limit). Also, his glasses still have the pink frame.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have redone all the UVW and also major changes on his skin, but the problem keep occurring on the same place! his head! To show I'm not doing anything wrong, here is the magos vs photoshop image:

attachment.php

Why... why... t.t

Update:

Did a few tests, if I export the model except the head geoset (including the two_sided) the model works fine (without the alpha transparency I don't fucking know why).
If I include any of the head geoset on the export, the head gets backfaced, if I do a CTRL + A or select all (not manually selecting all geoset) the whole uv map is screwed, plus the backfaced head.

The model is now attached:

attachment.php

Attachments

• error01.jpg
    error01.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 157
  • error02.jpg
    error02.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 106
  • error03.jpg
    error03.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 99