• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Problem at the bottom for those of you that hate reading a lot.

I recently had a lot of spare time to try actually using the WC3 Model Editor to reshape/change/add stuff to a model with no tutorials or prior use... This proved rather difficult and rage inducing, but I finally came out with something I liked. I started with the wc3x berserk head hunter model, and basically got rid of everything except the berserk headhunter part, and then added the shadow hunters weapon into it and positioned it in his hand instead. While this isn't much, it looked nice for me.

After trimming the model up and deleting all of what I didn't need, I saved it. For some reason though, it won't work in game, and I have no clue why or I'd try to fix it. I'm attaching it here for anyone to try and figure it out... I also have a custom skin I had for it, so that's why you'll notice a separate texture named DarkTrollSapper# ... You can just change that to and of the dark/forest/ice troll models.

Attachments

• FortifiedTroll.mdx
    134.8 KB · Views: 83
I suppose you haven't applied the path to the Shadow Hunter texture correctly.
The actual path should be Textures\HeroShadowHunter.blp and this model only says HeroShadowHunter.blp

One way to fix it is to save the file as an mdl file, open that mdl file in Notepad and change the path and save, then open that edited mdl in Magos and save it as an mdx.

Another way is to run War3 Model editor's MPQ browser and find the HeroShadowHunter.blp from the war3x.mpq library and add it to your troll model. Then edit the weapon's material, and then remove the unused texture from the texture manager.

Level 4
I suppose you haven't applied the path to the Shadow Hunter texture correctly.
The actual path should be Textures\HeroShadowHunter.blp and this model only says HeroShadowHunter.blp

One way to fix it is to save the file as an mdl file, open that mdl file in Notepad and change the path and save, then open that edited mdl in Magos and save it as an mdx.

Another way is to run War3 Model editor's MPQ browser and find the HeroShadowHunter.blp from the war3x.mpq library and add it to your troll model. Then edit the weapon's material, and then remove the unused texture from the texture manager.

Well assuming that was the problem, wouldn't the rest of the skin still show up? I also tried importing the HeroShadowHunter.blp into the map and setting the path as just that (no prefix.) Instead of showing up an invisible model, it crashed when it was on the screen.... Also the custom skin didn't work either, wouldn't the import path just be DarkTrollSapper3.blp with nothing in front?

Level 4
For the game crash, I discovered that three of your geoset animations do not point to a geoset (ie no 'GeosetId' line).

Well, that helped prevent the crashing, and he works in game now, sadly the weapon still doesn't show up. I changed the texture to Textures/HeroShadowHunter.blp but it didn't work on the default or as a separate import. No biggie really though, could just be used as a weaponless model you can add attachments to. Plus the things got no portrait, which is another whole mess of work I can't be bothered with in this program... Just gonna wait until Christmas when I get Auto desk, since I know how to do crap in that a lot better than this.

Thanks for the Ass Cyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.