• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Texture Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey, the texture Isn't showing on the Back, Up, and Left sides of my model. If anyone can fix this ill give them +rep, I need this model desperately for my map. I tried fixing the UV Mapping with Mdlvis but that useless program didn't help.

The model is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ci9veymmhr4c6kg
And the texture is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?23t672zb6bi2uin

Can someone at least tell me if this is the wrong section or am I going to have to find a list of modellers on the website and start messaging them individually until I get help.

I realize this is simple shit but I can not.... god damn do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Simply add "TwoSided," to the material, so it shows the texture from all sides. Looks like this:
Code:
Materials 1 {
	Material {
		Layer {
			FilterMode None,
			static TextureID 0,
			TwoSided,
		}
	}
}

If you want it to have that angular piece on both sides, you need to fix the triangles. Could post you the whole geoset if you want that (+some fixes to save a bit of space).

Level 8
Simply add "TwoSided," to the material, so it shows the texture from all sides. Looks like this:
Code:
Materials 1 {
	Material {
		Layer {
			FilterMode None,
			static TextureID 0,
			TwoSided,
		}
	}
}

If you want it to have that angular piece on both sides, you need to fix the triangles. Could post you the whole geoset if you want that (+some fixes to save a bit of space).

Could you please do that? I'll give you +rep now for the help youve already given me, and thanks for responding to my thread

Level 34
It's because, THERE ARE ACTUALY NO MORE WALLS.
Still it's not hard to fix.

am I going to have to find a list of modellers on the website and start messaging them individually until I get help.

Sounds like a threat:ogre_hurrhurr:

Attachments

• 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.