1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Model Terraining Request

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Aeroblyctos, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello there!

This request is a sequel of this thread. I'm looking for an experienced model maker to continue AlienAtSystem's model to improve the terrain of the tunnel. This tunnel will be the campaign screen of The Chosen Ones.

Colors / layout:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe we'll need really high quality custom textures to make this model look really good. The size doesn't matter, only the quality!

Or perhaps you have other way...? It's up to you, just make this tunnel look scary, yet awesome!

Ask questions, I'm happy to answer.

As a reward you'll receive rep and credits.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  2. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    So.. You want someone to finish this screen?

3. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I want someone to finish the campaign screen. Are you interested? The job is mostly about improving the terrain of the model.

4. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Meh ok, give me the model and write, what to improve

5. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Ah ok, i have found the model. Il improve landscape alittle and maybe something else?

6. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wonder if you have the latest version of the model. Let's wait first for AlienAtSystem so that he will give the latest version. There might be some changes.

In the mean time you can think about how to improve the terrain of the campaign screen. Your job is simply to improve it, do it as beautiful as possible.

I have attached a test campaign to show you how it looks ingame.

You may add custom textures and the size doesn't matter, only the beauty of the model. Make it awesome as possible, that's your job! Good luck.

Attached Files:

7. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I fixed mushrooms wrap, lights and textures quality alittle..

I don't like those eyes, how about an exit from a cave in a far end?:D I mean sky, blue lights and shit

Attached Files:

8. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, hmm.

The eyes... I'm not sure if add or remove. Well you can hide them for now let's think about that later. About the sky, no, no. I want this to be that endless tunnel I originally requested...

9. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well, how about just a some lights i the end? But eyes realy look stupid. I guess it should be completely black or realy bright green/blue. Blinding bright:D

10. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There can be some places where you for example see some lights from the top but I don't want that sky is seen. Also I especially want this to be that 'forever looping tunnel' it is part of the story.

11. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Allright, take a look.

Attached Files:

12. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Indeed you've put some depth to the tunnel. Now the low textures are pretty much "hided" and it starts to have some good and dark feeling. That is what I'm seeking.

Maybe you could add more "stuff" to the tunnel? And maybe add some parts that are different from the rest of the tunnel like a river flowing at one point, fissures, bats, evil eyes or anything that comes up to your mind.

Also I see a little too much of copy, especially those two spikes pointing each other. Also the spikes always either look straight to the up or down. Try to use different angles.

Lovely work nonetheless.

13. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Textures were not a problem, they have quet good quality, i just fixed wrap alittlle. By the way i didn't edit it's mesh at all:D
    River.. Well it will be quet hard and anoying because of texture animations and other shit, maybe il just put here some bones and shit?
    Or how about an idea, to make this tunnel spinning very slowly?)
    Edit: i'd like not to edit it's mesh at all, because it has quet interesting geoset animations and ohter visibly shit..

14. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  15. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hmm, ive got a solution: ask the original creator to make it's animation alittle bit faster and eh.. to make it spinning quet slowly, using global sequance. Then i'l add some particles, sounds, event objects and other shit to make it more unique:)
    It's quet hard to edit someone else's model.

16. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you mean the camera should go even slower than it's now?

17. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hell no, it should go alittle bit faster. But spinning should not be fast at all:3

18. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay so what I'll ask from him is that the camera should go a little faster (20%?) and the camera should spin a little? Like in a boat or what?

19. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Actualy camera is not moving:D
    The tunnel itself is moving towards camera. So i guess animation should go about 10-25% faster, if its possible ofc and tunnel shound spin for about.. well i guess it should spin for 90 degrees over 1.5 - 2.5 seconds (1500-2500frames ofc). So it will make a 360 degrees spin for avout 8 seconds, it's slow enough and should fit i hope)

Edit: in my opinion, it looks good now, but if you realy want to improve stuff..

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  20. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello there, model maker!

I'm looking for someone to continue this epic tunnel. What I want is that you'll finish this tunnel. In the first post you can see what I'm looking for. I really want this to be finished so I can put it to the campaign. This will make the campaign once again, to another level!

Big credits will be given of course.

You can either continue from this or from this stage.

And here's a test map for you. Just import the model and change from campaign settings your model on and you can see in the game itself.