• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello there.

I've been working a campaign called The Chosen Ones many years and it's finally time to request a campaign screen now that I'm sure the campaign will be finished. At the moment the campaign does not have a campaign screen.

To some who may not know the campaign here is more information.

This is not just another request I except from you an excellent result. I aim that this campaign will be one of the best. This campaign screen will bring the campaign once again to a new level.

Here are information about the campaign screen I want.

• The basic idea of the campaign screen is that it will be a never ending tunnel with two red glowing evil eyes(which you will never actually catch).
  • Similar idea is in Reign of chaos undead campaign screen. I just want this to be only about the tunnel. This tunnel will be more dark, mysterious and detailed.
  • The campaign screen will be looping, so make sure it does look like the tunnel is never ending(make it long enough, camera slow, etc.)
  • The idea fits perfectly to the story of the campaign and it can be seen by player many different ways(Phodom's journey, mysterious Fradz, Xvareon waiting...).
  • The campaign screen will only be used in this campaign, as I want this campaign stand out of the other campaigns.

Textures / colors / layout:

130548-albums143-picture1067.jpg

130548-albums143-picture1065.jpg

130548-albums143-picture1064.jpg

Ask questions, I'm happy to answer. I don't expect you to do this within a few days. There's no really a deadline, but I think few months should give you enough time to create.

The one who creates the campaign screen will have some special credits on the campaign and reputation points in here.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=zcg87v (My Firefox has somehow at the moment problems with opening new windows, so I couldn't attach it)

Here is a WIP with straight tunnel. Problem is, you see when another part is added at the back.

Edit: Here the 3ds max Render of a Version with 7 Segments and Stalagtites added.

Edit 2: Here is a Version with lighting and movement. Set the distance fog to black to make the segments appearing in the back invisble.

Attachments

• NexTry.png
    NexTry.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
  • Tunnel3.mdx
    116.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Level 37
I'm impressed. I'm fucking impressed. I would have never thought this would work so well.

I guess now it's about making the tunnel itself good. I don't care about how big the model will become. Just put there high quality textures and all that shit.

Also perhaps some random effects could the make the tunnel feel like it's really never-ending.

Here is a new Version with Mushrooms and Stones. Seems to cause bugs in the distance due to the high polycount.
Next step will be to figure out how to correct the Wrap of the Mushrooms without having to redo the whole animation.
Remove the war3mapimported\ from the Textures when importing

Attachments

• DungeonWall1.blp
    677.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DungeonWall2.blp
    673.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Tunnel2.mdx
    198.5 KB · Views: 63
Level 37
HAHAHA! I forgot to take the fog off that's why I couldn't see anything. Silly me. :D

Yea the fog is fine without this function.

I'll give feedback later today.

EDIT:

112323d1332772119-campaign-screen-sab3.jpg

So:

1) Some mushroom textures are not placed well.
2) I don't know what you can do about the textures but I've feeling they are still not high enough. I wonder if wc3 textures are even capable of very high textures. High textures are not necessary if there are a lot of doodads... Or something that can "take the eye out of" the low textures.
3) The tunnel feels a bit empty. I mean there are some rocks and mushrooms but that's it.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/130548-albums143.html

These pictures can help. Maybe some fissures there?

Attachments

• sab3.jpg
    sab3.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.