• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model Request] Has been requested before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, this has been requested countless times, but people always say that people won't model it, tell them what ingame model to use, or give a link to a model on the site or another site. Now, I could use a deathwing model myself for a side project, but seriousely ,we just need to get a deathwing model on the hive and end it. Now, of course theres only that one picture of deathwing from the Catalysm thing, but I found a pic that would be a better base because it shows more of his body. Some of the armor in the pic would be awsome, or just get a little creative to make some dragon death/evil looking armor would be a good addition. Custom animations would be really cool but of course I recongnize it would be too much work so just using Dragon Animations will be fine. I will rep of course who ever makes the model. Remember, It needs to have a talking portrait :D

!!!READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!
DO NOT GIVE A LINK TO A MODEL ON THE HIVE OR ANY WEBSITE OR SAY WHAT INGAME MODEL TO USE!

Attachments

• Deathwing.jpg
    Deathwing.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 1,752
Level 5
Personally, I don't know how to model but just some friendly advice... don't sound so demanding. You're asking someone to invest an extremely large amount of time into a favor for no personal gain for someone they don't even know. Yet you bash down rather coldly all the other suggestions that are given to you... Again, I don't mean to meddle, just some tips so people feel more inclined to help you :]

Then again, maybe it's just me haha.

Level 10
Look, what exactly do you need with a Deathwing model? Two versions, one with him on land and in the air, plus appropriate animations? Well, that has been done, by Werewulf on WC3C. If you don't use his model anywhere else in your map, it has a diffrent style than Blizzard models, and has all the necesarry animations. There is no need to re-UV map the model, because it uses a single in-game texture (one of the five dragon ones) that can be replaced by the Deathwing texture already here on the Hive. There is NO NEED FOR THIS MODEL. Seriously. You say you want a completely new model, but there is already one. If you want, I can ask Werewulf for permission to edit his model a bit to make it more unique, but you don't need a new model. I'll give links for all of these, if you want.
DON'T say that "we need a new model", because we (and I mean YOU, because YOU are the one who needs a Deathwing model) already have a perfectly good model available to us (and I mean YOU). Sorry if I sound like a deuchebag.

Last edited:
Level 11
Crazy Cow, I am requesting this on behalf of all the other requests that have already been made. I did NOT say that custom animations would be made, I said if it was made it would be a nice touch. The black dragon looks nothing like Deathwing. If there was already a model on the hive that does not need to be improved and fits the purpose then I would not request a model. I look at all the models on the hive before I make any request. I do realise that there was a Death Wing model on wc3s but it does not exist anymore (sadly) so we need a new one. What I am requesting is basicly for the Dragon model to be textured a bit, add some details through modeling, and add some armor. I cannot model, so I have no power over knowing how hard it is, but on other people's responses, I know a model is very hard to make.

Level 10
Ok... you don't visit WC3C... I now feel like an officialdeuchebag.
If you don't know (and I don't think you do), there is another website that fufills the same role as the Hive: Warcraft 3 Campaigns. As of late, the site has begun to die, but there are still a large amount of resources available there. One of the many that are not on the Hive is by a guy named Werewulf, and is a land dragon. It is really well done, with custom animations for both land and air, and would fit in perfectly as Deathwing in your map (as far as I can tell without actually seeing any of it). I would be happy to edit it, but I cannot get ahold of the origional maker for permission, so for now I'm afraid you need to settle for the skin here. Here are links to both Warcraft 3 Campaigns and the land dragon, the Return of the Dragons pack.

http://www.wc3c.net/index.php for the homepage

EDIT: Confusions! Icannot find it... give me a minute.
EDIT: Got it! Here is the URL: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=84773

Status
Not open for further replies.