• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model and/or Skin Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, am hopefully in the right forum for this... I'm looking for a model that fits an old Warcraft II unit/icon, that of Deathwing. I'm not wanting anything really complex like one that fits the to-be model of Deathwing in the next WoW expansion Cataclysm, but one that's more like the Warcraft II version. Not sure if this would be best done as simply a skin for an existing WC3 model, or if making a model would fit it better, but I would prefer a model if possible.

The Warcraft II unit for Deathwing doesn't exactly show his full appearance in the model, as the icon shows metal plating on his upper half of his head, whereas the model doesn't show any metal attached at all. If a mixture of the two could be made I'd appreciate it, to add the plated appearance Deathwing is supposed to have without making it too complex.

I'm not wanting to ask too much of this, as I don't have anything to offer but my gratitude for it's completion, but I'm still hoping someone will help me out with a nice skin and/or model..

Many thanks,
-Grim

P.S. If I messed something up or if I need to give more about my request, let me know. Not much of a poster here. Attached is a file from wowwiki of Deathwing's Warcraft II model and icon to help give an idea of what I'm asking for.

Attachments

• HeroDeathWingWC2.gif
    HeroDeathWingWC2.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 87
He was asking for a Wc2-styled Deathwing, not the WoW-styled one.

My suggestion is to use the texture/skin from this model and apply it to one of the ingame dragons.
And no, Deathwing was never originally green. Blizzard was a little lazy with the use of some campaign characters in wc2 where only their portraits are different from the regular units.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.