• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] Request edited model for Night Elf Sentry(units\creeps\watcher\watcher.mdl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
[Solved] Request edited model for Night Elf Sentry(units\creeps\watcher\watcher.mdl)

I have a request for anyone to extract the model for Night Elf(It's under Campaign) "Sentry"(units\creeps\watcher\watcher.mdl).

Anyway, what is a custom edited Sentry model that has her death animation, changed to her attack animation.

Change her death animation to attack animation(also, make it so the death sound doesn't play), and make the attack:

0.640 Animation Backswing Point
0.330 Animation Damage Point
Those are just the default animation things, not actually sure what they do exactly but I assume they affect the attack animation.

Basically:
1. Edit "Sentry" (units\creeps\watcher\watcher.mdl).

2. Change her default death animation to her attack animation with
0.640 Animation Backswing Point
0.330 Animation Damage Point

3. Remove death sound.

Anyway, the reason why I want this is so I can use the "edited" model as a "ranged missile model", so that when the ranged projectile hits, instead of the Sentry dying(by default), she attacks when it hits(the animation change).

I am planning on making a couple of non-triggered spells involving the custom Sentry model(as a projectile) basically.

One example is basing it off of "Fan of Knives" ability. I'll edit the missile model to the custom Sentry model, so when I use it, it looks like "Fan of Knives" spawns a bunch of sentries that attack nearby enemies once.

Though, I'll use the model(as a projectile missile) for many other abilities also(particularly, based most abilities on a hero based on that model).

Not sure if this is easy to do or hard, if anyone can do it for me, thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.