• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model Request] 'Coal Miner'-esque Peasant Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For a playable race that I am designing for a series of upcoming custom maps (and possibly campaign), I am designing a faction that is more a Human centered type, with the theme of 'revolutionary' concepts being the whole cliche of the faction. So for the worker unit - which right now is a renamed villager model on top of the peasant -, I was thinking that I should embrace the concept of having a worker unit that resembles a hardworking Coal/Iron Miner from the Industrial Revolution.

Boasting a Hard-Hat with a light fixed to it, a pickaxe, and a dark-greyish blue uniform, these men will risk their lives mining gold and lumbering for the sake of forwarding the rapid industrialization that the faction encounters.

For some references to the model's intended design, we could look at the Industrial Era workers from Civilization V and real life images of British Coal Miners during the Industrial Revolution.

This concept can easily be done by taking the Peasant, making him don a more modern grey-blue uniform, giving him a slightly more menacing pickaxe, and giving him a nice hardhat with a light. Maybe give him a hardy mustache and shave his beard, you know, neat stuff. Perhaps even allow him to rest the pickaxe on his shoulder in the stand animation, because after a long day of work, that thing sure gets heavy.

I can handle making the icons and possibly the voice-acting for him, I just need somebody to do the model of this hardworking gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.