• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model Request classic]Goblin Politician

Level 3
Hi there,
I am requesting a model for my hero who is a goblin and a politician.

I have look through the resources and the closest I can find to the theme is the model done by The Weird Human
Goblin_Smuggler

However, it does not have any attack and spells animation.

Appreciate if someone can come up with a model with this theme. Credits would be given. Thanks!:)

Level 3
Hi all,
Just an update the hero's spell is already done. I am currently using the archmage model but prefer this hero to be a goblin race.
Some details of the spell:
ERP: "Creates a gantry. Gains gold for each creep that passes the gantry. However, as creeps are unhappy about more gantries, there is a need for a longer cooldown before being able to build the next gantry.", Targettype.POINT
CPF: "Deposits up to 100 gold into a comprehensive savings plan, providing interest every minute.", Targettype.NONE
GST: "Tax enemy on every item purchase made.", Targettype.PASSIVE
Election Carrot: "Gives carrot to a target enemy hero. However, a whole chicken will be taken back." Targettype.UNIT

Level 50
goblin-png.351003

Level 50
Great job so far; it's creative and unique; can't wait to see it done. I think we only have a few non-mechanical custom goblin models, so many people will find this greedy gentleman useful.
Thanks! I have to say I don't really like goblins and this is my first goblin model.
3-png.351071

Edit: It will be hard wrapping this guy with in game textures, but eh, it's worth it...I guess.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Lookin' really great, man! I see you're going for the popular "Tradeprine Gallywix" model; noice!

May I see those concepts? I want to help the guy, but I couldn't find some reference to use for this model.
Oh man oh dang, I missed this message. Umm....
GoblinPimp.jpg Goblin - Loan Shark (setfiretotheempire).png Baron_Gnazz_by_handclaw.jpg Baron_Gnazz___2_by_handclaw.jpg

//EDIT// - oh DANG I forgot the best one!GB - Tradeprince (EXCELLENT) (Monkybutt).jpg

//EDIT2// - oh man found my @HandCLAW stash (he had this whole thing about a Tradeprince riding in a "Steamthrone"; that's probably a bit far outside of this guy's concept, but hey it's awexome)
9 - Tradeprince Concept.jpg 9.1 - SteamThrone1.jpg 9.2 - SteamThrone2.jpg 9.3 - SteamThrone3.jpg 9.4 - SteamThrone4.jpg 9.5 - SteamThrone5.jpg 9.6 - SteamThrone6.jpg 9.7 - SteamThrone7.jpg 9.8 - SteamThrone8.jpg 118 - GoblinTradeprince.jpg

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
None of it's mine; just collected over the years from some of the greats (Handclaw primary among them, but also "Monkeybutt").

Basically they tend to boil down into two primary concepts: the more "royal" version & the more "mercantile" version.

The "royal" tradeprinces tend to feature crowns, flowing robes, big poofy furs, etc; whereas the "mercantile" versions are like souped-up businessmen, with fancy suits, BIG top hats, and the like. Both have a tendency to have fancy jewelry, a cane, and a sneer for the common folk. ; )

I've also loved the idea that the model would be surrounded by a handful of Goblin Guards that are with the Tradeprince at all times. That, or riding atop a palanquin (something like this) with Goblin Servants lugging him around, lol.

Level 50
Lookin' really great, man! I see you're going for the popular "Tradeprine Gallywix" model; noice!

Oh man oh dang, I missed this message. Umm....
View attachment 351104 View attachment 351105 View attachment 351107 View attachment 351108

//EDIT// - oh DANG I forgot the best one!View attachment 351109

//EDIT2// - oh man found my @HandCLAW stash (he had this whole thing about a Tradeprince riding in a "Steamthrone"; that's probably a bit far outside of this guy's concept, but hey it's awexome)
View attachment 351110 View attachment 351111 View attachment 351112 View attachment 351113 View attachment 351114 View attachment 351115 View attachment 351116 View attachment 351117 View attachment 351118 View attachment 351119
Yeah, I thought he would fit this role well.

Those are some cool drawings.
4-png.351080

Level 50
Lookin' good! Love the texture choice, especially the pants & gold bits... His mouth seems strangely stretched, though it may just be the angle. Also his top-hat texture is... interesting. Decided against the standard 'black silk'?
I fixed it. Changed some textures...Right now I'm working on his animations.

Yeah, I took liberty to change something from the original concept.