• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] Halo 2 units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Lol I thought you said you were gonna make a ghost. Im like OMG WEEEEEE!!!!!!! (Ghosts are my favorite vehicle) then I saw the picture with teh blue hull thing and I was flipping out. Note that I am not trying to get ou to make one. And the elites pray to Rao Dao Zao too? I thought only I did... lol

Level 3
Wow.
It looks GREAT!!
Ya the plasma rifle is fine or any other gun, I just don't want it to be something that Really stands out in a way like the rocket launcher or Sword.
One gun is fine for me.
And, I already have a fine spartan so I don't need another.

Thanks again for this, it looks like its coming along great!

Also, I don't know how to transfer anims, massive :p
Just kinda curious. What anims would they have, I'm fine with w/e. As long as they like walk.

Level 21
Stand, Walk, Attack, Spell, Death, Decay, all that jazz (I make custom animations)

Here's what it'll look like in its stand animation

Attachments

• CovenantEliteSS3.jpg
    CovenantEliteSS3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 202
Level 3
Sweeeeetttt!!!!

And a little side note- How do you get the pictures so they enlarge like that? is that specific to your forums or is it the type of picture you put on here?

Nevermind about that, It is for your type of forum, I just noticed the attachment option.

Level 2
Was just reading around, but you know there's already a plasma rifle model?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/542/
obviously the maker named it incorrectly and called it a "plasma pistol" but of course it doesn't look as cool as yours ._. but who knows, maybe someone might want to make an attachable one instead of a built on one so they can customize a bit :confused: but still great work

Level 3
Just so you know, that is a plasma pistol :wink:
In halo there is a plasma pistol and plasma rifle, they look almost the same except the pistol is a little smaller. Just figured you should know that :grin:

Level 13
Nice elite SuPa, the gun and the hands look a bit skinny.

Try making silver and gold variants ! (or make the blue areas teamcolourable)

An elite with a carbine would be good too but not entirely neccicary.

Oh and please do make a master cheif model. all the other cheifs are shit. (on this site)

Level 21
Ok, I'm starting work on the warthog and I've got a pretty good pic. I think it's actually gonna be pretty easy to model :D

warthog.jpg

~Edit~

Ok, here's a few shots of the model. Yeah, it's not perfect but when will an arrogant person playing b.net ever notice details? :p

~Edit~

After taking these screen shots I looked at them and noticed, in my opinion, the front was too long, so I've shortened it

Attachments

• WarthogWIPSS.jpg
    WarthogWIPSS.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 124
  • WarthogWIPSS2.jpg
    WarthogWIPSS2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Level 12
Ok, here's a few shots of the model. Yeah, it's not perfect but when will an arrogant person playing b.net ever notice details? :p

Lol you may get the people who are like omg that is not a warthog! It is exactly the wrong shade of green! And the wheels are off scale with the gun! OMG U R NUUB.

Those are the types of people who are noobs at life. I thinks it coming pretty good so far, but in the front, you made your nose or whatever angle down, where in the pic, it stays almost at the same level.

Level 3
Don't sweat it. I'm just glad I'm not still looking for someone to make the models lol.

I know what you mean about school.. i got it in a week and I'm cramming the 3 summer reading books right now :wink:

Level 21
Here's some more pics of it. All I needa do is texture the turret and then animate it :D

Also, I'm thinking about making actual attachments for the warthog, as in I make guys in positions and then you can attach them. Example TurretMarine attachment FrontSeatMarine attachment and PilotSeatMarine attachment. Same goes for elite (if you intend on making them ride warthogs)

Attachments

• WarthogWIPTexturedSS1.jpg
    WarthogWIPTexturedSS1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 166
  • WarthogWIPTexturedSS2.jpg
    WarthogWIPTexturedSS2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 202
  • WarthogWIPTexturedSS3.jpg
    WarthogWIPTexturedSS3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 143
  • WarthogWIPTexturedSS4.jpg
    WarthogWIPTexturedSS4.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 161
Level 13
Plus, you made it with a Gauss cannon, might want to make a minigun version too. Oh and you missed the thing that connects the top of the windsheild to the back.

Level 3
I dont mind the gaus, its going to be machine gun, but they don't look that different.

With the wheels, if it isn't any trouble it would be nice to look less like logs. But I don't think it is gunna be very noticable in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.