• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] Halo 2 units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Halo 2 Models are what I need:
Banshee
Ghost
Warthog
Covenant guy
(I already have a model for a tank, and turret, but neither are great)
Also, I have a great Spartan model, except it is holding nothing.... It would be nice if he actually held a gun...

If you don't really know what one of those things looks like, cause you don't play halo 2 or something, reply to this and say which ones so I can get pictures of those (instead of filling this with like 10 unnecessary pictures)

Obviously I don't expect one person to say "I'll make them all for you!" Cause I know thats a lot of work. If you only want to do the banshee, for instance, thats fine I won't get even a little mad if you don't want to do more than one.....

Level 3
Here is a picture of the spartan one:

The image kinda has a camera in it, ignore it.

It is not team colored, like player 1 has a red one, 2 has a blue, etc to player 10.

Level 4
I hope you don't mind me asking,but why does it really matter whos models they belong to?

It's not like anyone is going to do anything about it,especially not Bungie since they have bigger things in mind then a everyday person just using some of their models for a simple WC3 map.

Level 4
If the creator doesn't care about it,then no one should.

If you don't like it,why not get a contract from Bungie saying that no one can take their models,and even then,they're still never gonna really care. This is a small map,not a major game.

Level 32
I hope you don't mind me asking,but why does it really matter whos models they belong to?

It's not like anyone is going to do anything about it,especially not Bungie since they have bigger things in mind then a everyday person just using some of their models for a simple WC3 map.
Here at The Hive Workshop, it matters a lot!

Community > > FAQ > THW Rules > Model Rules

Models must be original creations or have received the original author's documented and verifiable permission.

No models directly exported from games other than Warcraft III will be accepted.

If you guys want to discuss ripping models from other games or using people's models without permission, do it in PMs NOT on our boards. Period.

If anyone wants to scratch-model some Halo units (without extracting or ripping) have at it.

Level 10
Uh.... So that varine person, Exports Halo 2 models from the actual game... WTf?

How can they even work with warcraft? And wouldnt they be like freakin 50 mb big or something? and like 50000 polys?

I think what he ment was.. that varine exported halo 2 models from OTHER WARCRAFT MAPS, not halo 2. "But he was aruging about it". Maybe he thought you meant stealing the IDEA of lets say an elite and using it in warcraft is illegal.

Seriously, wtf? Exporting models from Halo 2 into warcraft? Are you high?

(Offtopic): 300th post!!!!

Level 10
Well, i came across these in the models section. They are halo models. But most of them are horribly made in my opinion.

But you can take a look at them yourself and see if they suit you.

A grunt:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/625/

a bruteshot attachment:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/1739/

a Plasma Pistol Attachment:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/542/

Not a halo model but you might be able to use this for the human marines (give them weapon attachments)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/507/

I remember there was more, a golden elite, jackal and a hunter.

Cant find them though.

Level 13
Well, help needs help, so lets go help help guys !

Okay enough making fun of your name XD.

I think making halo models would be a grand idea but um its a rather big task to take on, by all means good luck 2 you but i doubt it shall happen, soory guy, you seem nice(r than most of the other forum noobs) but honestly, i would recomend sending PM's to known NOT BUISY modelers who WOULD WANT TO MAKE THIS for some help IF THEY WERE TAKING REQUESTS.

Its been working for me quite well :).

Level 3
Any suggestions?...
Cause I have basically posted on every modeling site, asked everyone on warcraft, made it a public emergency in 4 and a half countries.. ok now I'm just joking, but I really have done like everything and I don't really know many great modelers.

Last edited:
Level 13
Well, if you have posted on ALL of the Wc3 sites, you probably can figure out who makes models around here, all the same try PM'ing SuPa- , if hes not buisy and willing to help he may very well make that model for you, just dont ask for too many.

Level 3
Skinner?!

**Update**
Someone has finally offered to model the Vehicles for me. However, he will not skin them.... So now my search is for a good skinner to skin his models, Anyone?
If I should make a new thread for this plz tell me.

Level 7
actually arab4life i have BF2 from War3sear.ch and they work but they didnt work for the Konstrukt marines so ill prob delete them but the spartans attachments are really wierd he holds all konstrukt weapons and plasma pistol and brute shot backwards

hey i just noticed crusadious took my place as the noob who pisses of the mods

(remember Sing a Song of Singing Sheep ROFL)(sry wulf :p)

Level 13
Meh, the mods are forgiving people, ive flamed up and down this forum for a month or 2, mods didnt get mad all that much i think werewulf deleted like 20 of my posts in a thread once lol :D

The spartan attachments on that model are bullsh*t, someone needs to update that retarded model yesterday, or i may get some people i know to do it for me.

Level 13
This isn't a fucking court room, the discussion HAS been about his request.

Unfortunately too few modelers give a shit, and so this has happened.

Try reading next time.

Level 3
Supa- your my hero. lol
I look forward to seeing the outcome, also I understand that it will take longer than normal ones would cause you are busy.
All hail Supa- !! :thumbs_up:

Ok, I have come accross a few issues as to how I am going to make the Warthog have 3 people... if you have a suggestion please tell me.

SuPa- if there is a chance to make the warthog 3 different units (turret with back 2 wheels, driver seat with a wheel, and passenger seat with a wheel) that would be much prefered, but do whatever you can with it. I will appreciate it no matter how it comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Uhh...ive noticed that all the Halo models i have *EVER* seen are crap soo...this might be a lucky break.

Level 3
Even tho hes busy (wonder HOW busy he is...) it would be nice to get a lil status report from him.

Level 3
Ya, don't get me wrong I want them done, but I don't want to rush SuPa- at all, I figure the longer he takes the better they'll be :grin: Updates would be nice, but not at all required.

Level 3
I don't know if you have looked at this recently SuPa-, but nevermind about the three part warthog thing. One part is prefered, I fixed the three person issue and it is all working fine now so ignore that post from a week or so ago!

Once again, Thanks a lot!

Level 21
K, gotcha. I'm working on the covenant elite right now. And don't worry, I'll make the models public (I'll probably submit them all at once, unless help needs each one as soon as I make it)

Also, I have a question. Would you like the elite to come with a weapon, or I make two models, a duel wielding elite and a single-wielding elite. I guess I'll have to make some weapon attachments too, or do you already have some?

Here's a screen shot of what I have so far. I'll also make the other versions of the armor from Halo 2, an example being red. The wrap on the chest is a little messed up and I can't figure out why o_O. I'm gonna ad more details and such to the texture after I finish texturing everything

Attachments

• CovenantEliteWIPSS1.jpg
    CovenantEliteWIPSS1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Level 3
Thats sweet!
Well I'd prefer the warthog when you finish it (cause I can't really do the triggers for it without the model) other than that I already have the triggers done with replacement models for everything else so I dont need those till they are all done.

Well he won't be duel-wielding. So I would like it to just come with 1 weapon, just like an smg or some generic kinda gun. I'm ok without the weapon attachments and everything, as long as it is holding a gun I'm happy.. I don't think it needs to be so detailed that it is holding a rocket launcher when it has one etc.
the covenant looks great so far :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 21
Another question, what weapon do you want him to have? I know you said an SMG would be OK, but what about a carbine, needler, or plasma gun? those are more covenant-like weapons. Of the three I would pick carbine because most elites in pictures have them :3 although in the game only the heretics do

~edit~

here's some shots of the model. Right now the face texture is pretty dark, I'll work on that. Yes, he's praying in the first pic (or worshiping) Copied RDZ hehe

Attachments

• CovenantEliteSS1.jpg
    CovenantEliteSS1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 195
  • CovenantEliteSS2.jpg
    CovenantEliteSS2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Level 13
Give it marine attack anims and attachment points, then we can give it any gun we want.

Also: please release this to the public.

Oh and hi
-Massive_attack.

Level 21
Ghost, I'm probably not going to make a spartan considering he didn't request it. Also, I don't know how to transfer anims, massive :p

And as I said, I'm going to release all the models help has requested me to make. Another thing, instead of an SMG, can I give him the plasma gun? They're about the same thing, but the plasma rifle seems a lot for fitting (since it's a covenant weapon)
Plasma%20Rifle.jpg

Mine won't look anything like this since it's gonna barely have any polys :-[

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.