• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MODEL FIX REQUEST: Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made a model of a worker and I have a few problems which I have been scratching my head for a log time before I post here:
1. The geoset for the portrait is always visible ingame which annoys me more than the other points. I tried with geoset animation that has alpha 1 only in portrait animation and I tried to attach the geoset to its own bone and scale that boen to 0 in all animations except portrait. Still the problem persists!
2. The geoset that appears under the drone when it has gold or lumber is not shown in 'walk gold' and 'walk lumber' animations.
3. The partiicle emitter that shows the unit is attacking is not shown when attacking trees.

Can someone look at it and fix it if possible and tell me why it acts this way?
thanks
+4rep

Attachments

• Square_Worker.mdx
    13.7 KB · Views: 17
Level 21
The model's sequences are not in the correct order. This can be fixed by converting the model to mdl; opening the mdl file with Notepad and arranging the sequences so that their keyframes are in ascending order, i.e. from smallest to largest. E.g. Walk { 4200, 5000 } should be above Walk Gold { 5200, 6000 }.

I rearranged sequences and remade all animations.
- in walk gold the geoset is not shown, but in stand gold it's shown
- in attack, attack gold, attack lumber, work gold, work lumber, work,attack and death particle emitter is not shown. I tried to hide them with teh visibiility property but instead they are shown in all animations in game. Then i tried with emission rate property and now they are not shown
Oh my god why does it have to be such a headache, im editing one model for hours, my head's gonna explode.

scr.png

Attachments

• Square_Worker.mdx
    12 KB · Views: 21
  • Metal.blp
    65.2 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.