• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model fix (if possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hi folks.

i really want to use this model in my map as an attachment to either the head or overhead, but it doesn't quite work for me. when attached to the head, it goes through it and when put overhead its normal, but it doesn't look good.

Model link

i checked the author's last date he was online and it was last year. i'm not sure if he/she will ever come back online, and i want this fixed for me if possible. not sure if its an infringement of some sort to ask of you to fix someone elses model for me, but i want to at least try.

p.s -- i want to attach this to the villager rpg hero model. Link Also if you ask me, the best solution from my point of view is to move the model up along the Z axis so it stands on the head, where now it looks like its going through it.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Thanks maker, but its still the same, going through the head.

here is a screenshot of it:

attachment.php

Attachments

• fix need.jpg
    fix need.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 93
Level 37
It is easy to edit the z offset of the model yourself

1) Download War3 model editor
2) Open the model and go to Window -> Model editor
3) Select the whole model by left clicking, use the drag box
4) Go to Transformations -> Translation
5) Edit the Z value. Enter some small value, 1-5 and click ok. To lower the model, use negative values.

Then save and import.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

It is easy to edit the z offset of the model yourself

1) Download War3 model editor
2) Open the model and go to Window -> Model editor
3) Select the whole model by left clicking, use the drag box
4) Go to Transformations -> Translation
5) Edit the Z value. Enter some small value, 1-5 and click ok. To lower the model, use negative values.

Then save and import.

ok i'll give it a go following your instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.