• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Help me fix this origin attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I made a custom model based off the cauldron doodads who has decapitated head in it, I tried to add an origin & overhead attachment point so I could add some effect, however when I add my effect to origin, it goes way above the model, like if it was set to overhead instead

Left is an example of what result I am trying to achieve, a building which is "poisoned/plagued"
Right is the result I got when I set the effect to origin. Seems like the effect is set to the overhead reference instead.

ae9b7707fc620179068a98670cb826a9.jpg

I used Retera model studio to import the attachment from another building, meaning I import the model but only keep the origin & overhead reference object.

I haven't done much edit with attachment yet so maybe I missed something, thanks for you help.

Attachments

• MixingPot.mdx
    30.6 KB · Views: 15
Level 6
I don't see any issue :
MixingPot_Origin.png

Effect attached to the origin point, and sure it's not at the same level than the ground, but it's not at the same height than overhead attachment point either.
If you want to edit the location of the origin attachment point, you may be able to do it in Retera Model Studio (I almost never used this software so I can't tell), but you can do it with War3 Model Editor :
In the Node Manager :
MixingPot_Origin_EditNode.png

Then just change the Z value :
MixingPot_Origin_EditNode1.png

Level 6
Yes, because the « Art - Scaling Value » of the unit using your MixingPot.mdx is not set to 1.
When changing this value, any attachment will scale according to the unit's scaling value.
So you should increase the size of your meshes, so it'll appear bigger at default scaling value.

Edit : Alright, you just found the answer by yourself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.