• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model Editor SKIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to import a skin but have also the original model in my map.
So i thought of opening the model in the model editor and then import the skin there and make the model "skinned" with the skin i want and then save it as a model and have them both, but i cant figure it out. I import the skin in the editor i open the model, but i cant attach the skin in the model... -_-

can someone help?

Level 8
Use mdxpather for that.

Could you be a little more specific? I am newbie with the model editor, but i think what i want to do is pretty simple.
So far i managed to figure out how to attach the texture in the model through the material manager, it seems ok but when i save it and import it in the map it doesnt work, and when i reopened it it was all black and couldn't load the textures... so i figured out i would have to import the skin in the MPQ but i cant figure out how to open the MPQ -_- zZzzz help me please :D

==========================================================================================================

EDIT: I saved the model in the same folder as the skin and it was loadable in the editor, then i imported both model and skin in the map and just removed the wc3imported\ from the skin and it got wrapped in the model, thus not intefiering with the original model from the MPQ. Guess thats it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.