• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi!
I have this customized Warden model, and I'd like to change a few things.
-Attack animation speed set to 250% of original.
-Remove the neclace, add an attachment point there.
-Create a separate model for the neclace (so that it can be attached to look like the model looks now).
-If possible, reduce the filesize.

here is the model: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/0535318bd03b0e970f4430b3fa245a5010540/
Somebody can help out? :)

Level 15
2017-03-27 18_15_25-War3 Model Editor v1.07 (herowarden.mdx).jpg
Is that the necklace?

Actually there is already an attachment point there, called "weapon"
And its so confusing the determine 250% from original. I totally cant understand it. Hmm.. if its 10 seconds, 200% from original is 5 seconds, 300% is 2.5 right? or is it 3.3333? So confusing
Can you count it for me? Attack 1 has 29 frames and attack 2 has 35 frames
ps: and if you reply now you will get your 2000th posts yay

Level 26

Is that the necklace?
Yup!
Oh, right! I forgot there was an attachment already. :)
Then that one should just be removed.

Oh, I didn't know that animation was counted in frames. The more you know!
Is it possible to put them both to 12 frames, without losing too much detail in the animation?

Also, what about filesize? What must be reduced / removed in order to make it smaller?

ps: and if you reply now you will get your 2000th posts yay
Haha, I love it that not only I think that is fun :D

Level 15
I tried to edit it, just for test (check it below), but it give much more problem after I export it. I need to recreate to particle effect in Magos (wtf with those particle + the necklace is dead), the model become really small, some glitching on skinning, the file size got bigger, and maybe some more hidden error. I believe there is another way easier way to make animation faster with MatrixEater. 3dsmax is not the best tool for such editing, and I only can use 3dsmax. So I guess i cant help, sorry :( Well, at least I remind you of that attachment XD

The attack timing of the model are ~0.966s and 1.167s, by increasing speed by 250% you meant the attack time are 0.386s and 0.466s?
Its still confusing, i can understand "increase weight by 250%" and its kind (only need to Cx250%), but this "speed" just confusing. Are you sure? How to count it? Whats the formula?

Attachments

• aaa1.mdx
    176 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Level 26
Dude, that's awesome. Thank you so much!
However, The filesize is kinda bathering me, since I will (for reasons) have like 5 of this model imported, I'd like to keep it as low as possible.
Is it possible to reduce it back down to something like 170 again? :)

Level 10
That would be very troublesome to me. The model contains lots of animation and frames that can be deleted. I tried and gave up half way because it was too time-consuming but the reduced size was rather tiny, not even worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.