• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Editing, Magos Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I added sound to the model when it attacks, but thats not the problem, just by opening the model and saving it, its size is decreased by a few KB's and a texture that was invisible is now visible ingame... which looks bad.

Level 3
I added sound to the model when it attacks, but thats not the problem, just by opening the model and saving it, its size is decreased by a few KB's and a texture that was invisible is now visible ingame... which looks bad.
sounds like you had to have edited something wrong in it, maybe editing the wrong animation or something?? ive added sounds to units before but idk if it made the file smaller since ive only edited units already in wc3 so it saved as a new file outside of the mpq and i had to import back into the game. but ive never had it show other textures from the model that werent supposed to be there.

Level 3
That's why I'm not entirely sure what is happening, is the model somehow protected?
Or I'm using bad model editor?

Level 3
That's why I'm not entirely sure what is happening, is the model somehow protected?
Or I'm using bad model editor?
was the model a custom one from someone else, or was it one from the warcraft file?

and this is the one im using it is made by Magos but was updated by someone else some years ago but still worked perfectly fine with the wc3 models and should with any custom ones
War3 Model Editor

Level 3

Attachments

• example1.PNG
    example1.PNG
    506.7 KB · Views: 188
  • example2.PNG
    example2.PNG
    466.5 KB · Views: 253
Level 3
hmmm it does change the size right away for me too and i get the firing animation... idk why lol i never used custom models before so it could be that we arent saving or something correctly but i have no idea :(

Level 3
I could make whenever that unit attacks to trigger a sound but even after destroying sound i think it may leak...
anyways its better for the model to have its own sound

Level 3
i looked at some more recent custom models on here and none of them were made the way this one was, how it has multiple different files for each part of it, maybe thats the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.