• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model Animation Transfer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I followed the whole tutorial of Xarwin.
I have a problem. Why the animation won't work? The Model was animationless so I used the Sorceress model for the animations.
217483-albums5551-picture58486.png

Is the scaling of the model must be the same with the Sorceress Model?
Does it need textures for this to work?
Help.
Reward: Off course Reputation.

Level 3
I can't see your image - maybe my browser s*cks again.

But just to give some thoughts i recently ran into when using AnimTransfer:

- Scaling of the models is irrelevant when transferring animation
- I don't know if animations can CHANGE textures, but in some animations, special effects are USED (like fire for a flamethrower), which need their own textures. So the target model should reference these textures, too
- Both models need the same set of bones that are required for the animation. So, if the animation uses to animate the "Left_Super_Demonic_Wing"-bone of the first model, the model that should get the animation needs this bone, too

Hope that helps.

Level 3
Sorry, i'm no modeler - dont know what geomerging means. Is it to merge two models into one and then deleting the bones or vertices you dont need?

BTW: I tried to load your picture in another browser, but i still see nothing... could you reattach it?

Status
Not open for further replies.