• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Transfer and Model Editor Compatibility Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
As a project of mine, I was planning to start making worker units for various races. One of the main things I need to do is duplicate animations for various tags (gold and lumber). In order to do this, I use Oinkerwinkle's Animation Transfer. Here is the procedure I use:

I first take a unit from the Warcraft MPQ that I want to turn into a worker (the Dragonspawn, in this case). I save it as a MDL, then I go to the Sequence Manager. Fron there, I rename the animation I want to duplicate (Walk to Walk Gold, here) and then I save this model as a seperate one (DragonSpawnAnimations.mdl). I open the Animation Transfer, fill in the model fields, check 'Transfer single animation', put 'Walk Gold' in both fields below and hit Transfer.
At this point, Animation Transfer takes nearly a full minute until it tells me it's done, where when transferring full sets of animations it only takes a few seconds. After the 'Done!' screen appears, I try to open the new model (DragonSpawnUnderling.mdl) with Magos' Model Editor. I get the following error message:
"Unable to load 'C:\Documents and Settings\Crazy Cow\Desktop\My Stuff\War3\Editing Tools\Z_WIP_Z\DragonSpawnUnderling.mdl', unknown group '93433:'!"

Am I doing something wrong, or is this an unavoidable side effect of using the Animation Transfer? I would appreciate it if someone would help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.