• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model and Texture importing +4rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hell bees of the hive, i need a request done for me. I have provided a link to another website containing a model pack. However i have tried to import these models with there textures but all i vain. Iam doing something wrong so can someone import the models into the map for me please. In this pack all i want on the map are the buildings. NO trees or plants just the buildings. Walls are included as buildings. However i do not want the castle wall and castle itself models. So all i really want is the normal white with black wooden outlined buildings also try to include the wooden fences. As many of them as possible please. If you want to earn 5 Rep then please bring the filesize of the map to atleast 5MB.

No trees
No honey and plants
No tents
Maybe gravestones if it doesnt exceed the 5 MB limit i am requesting

Then once you have imported the models into the map then can you post it up here please so i can download and you will recive you 4-5 rep. PLEASE I WILL BE SO GRATEFUL, I KNOW HOW TO IMPORT TEXTURES IT JUST THIS PACK I STRUGGLE WITH. I DONT DOWNLOAD THE FULL MAP ARCHIVE FROM THERE EITHER BECUASE I DONT KNOW WHAT TEXTURES TO REMOVE AND WORRIED I MAY LOOSE WHAT I WANT.

Sounds exiting doesnt it and also your credits will be include in my map.
Heres link http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=83031

:ogre_datass:

Level 19
you can open the models with war3 model editor (also called magos' model editor) and click on "Windows - Texture Manager" to see the path where the textures have to be imported to
the filesize can be reduced with blp lab (compressing) or downscaling

both tools can be found in the tool section
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php
war3 model editor requires directx + a special dll file (see my sig for that)

btw: you can't give more than 1 rep at once

Status
Not open for further replies.