• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Model and Texture don't work together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've spent so long trying to figure this out/doing research and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

So, I have a .mdx file and a blp from a custom model that I want to use. I import both of them, remove war3mapImported\ from the file path, make a custom unit and use the model but the model turns out white without a texture. Did I do something wrong? Do the files not like each other? How can I fix it?!

Thank you!

It worked, Thank you! You're 2 for 2 on my helpful scale. But how do you know what the import path is? Do I always just put textures\ if it's not working?
I open the model in a model editor and check the path from there. I would provide an example and some links but I'm on my phone so I can't be bothered :p

Level 21
how do you know what the import path is? Do I always just put textures\ if it's not working?
You can use MDX Pather to see and change the import path.

Also, in case you missed it, every model on this site has an automatically generated importing tutorial that shows the correct texture paths.
howtoimport-jpg.312524

Level 3
You can use MDX Pather to see and change the import path.

Also, in case you missed it, every model on this site has an automatically generated importing tutorial that shows the correct texture paths.
howtoimport-jpg.312524
I did miss it, but I've also never had a problem with importing models from this site. The models that I was having problems with were from some other back water underground black market hubbub. The first point was still useful tho thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.