• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mist Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
in my very honest opinion, it looks pretty cool. I will download the map to get a better look but to me it looks cool. I can help out with the items, creeps and i guess the spells if need be and beta test. let me know if you want the help.

Level 5
in my very honest opinion, it looks pretty cool. I will download the map to get a better look but to me it looks cool. I can help out with the items, creeps and i guess the spells if need be and beta test. let me know if you want the help.
Map is still in early alpha stage so creeps and items are yet to be added. I will however add you to the list and message you when the time has come, is that fine with you?

Last edited:
Level 4
Triggers

If you need someone to make triggers(maybe not the best) i could help you.
I know most things about variables and some more Advanced stuff.
Also... Can you tell me how we will work? couse this hopefully will be my first mapper group

Level 3
Here is a quick example of stories for the basic concept, and also the heroes.

Mist Island
You were supposed to be sent into the war with the orcs, to aid the huntress of Elune and the ancient Dranei at the battlefield outsied Orgrimmar, but something went terribly wrong, and your vessel by mysterious means sunk with the crew on it. You and a few people however maneged to escape in a lifeboat, leaving the burning ship to the gods of the seas.
Now you are stranded on the beach of a misty island, with the company of some rather odd passengers from the ship you were on, collecting your personal items, looking up at a dark castle, glowing of mystical energies, and you begin walking towards the light of an village, and the questions begins to gather in your head:

Why am I here?
Why did the ship burst on fire?
What is that castle?
Do they make pancakes in this village?

(This is just backstory, nothing to add in the map itself)

The island appears to be ruled by an outcast wizard, using cruel and evil methods, forcing the villagers to obey him. From the Dark Castle he executes his orders, sending undead minions to collect taxes, watching over the island with a dark eye, using ancient forgotten magics, corrupting the surronding. The fog seems to be his works, hindering the Aircrafts from leaving, and slowly decaying the island, rendering the hopeful Lighthouse useless. You realise that the power of the ancient magician grows for every second, and that he most be stopped at all cost. The only way into the chamber of the wizard seems to be through the Castle Gate, passing past the dark gaurds and the rottning corpses, into the very hearth of the evil, entering the dungeons and towers of this ancient castle, only to meet a warrior of powers unkown.
Be prepared, for the task on your shoulders is not easy, and the restless souls is awakened, following orders from there Dark Master...

About the heroes
Cannoneer

Sharpeye, Stormboy, Hearthless, the nicknames are many, and most of them are rightfully deserved. Mack Falakin is one of the few remaining Cannoneers in the human army, and is one of the most hired Bounty Hunter in the Eastern Kingdoms. Wielding powerful blackpowder-charged weapons, he makes sure that a marked target doesn't escape alive. Be it a Long Barreled sniper rifle, or a highpowered shotgun, Mack never misses, and for rewarding himself after a succesful mission, he gives himself an old Ironforge beer. Looking in the cellar, all you see is empty bottles...

(Theme is Raw Power and Tracking, Personality is patient, life-enjoying)

Hunter

The Hunters from Qael'Nesh are not to be trusted, and Diana is not an exception. As a young girl, she escaped an assasination on his family, catching an glimps of the attacker, and was taken into an orphanage in the Cathedral of Stormwind City, being taken care of by the finest men and women in the Empire of the Alliance. Lighting fast she uses master-crafted bows to instantly penetrate any enemy in her way. By the few surviving, she is called Stormbow and Eaglecall, but her true name will forever stay unkown, and the only person knowing it, is now hunted, cursed by an oath off vengence, found guilty for murder, and constantly running from Diana...

(Theme is Bow and Assisination, Personality is Vengeful, and always ready)

Brawler

Born by the side of his Father, Josen Hagards have taken over the Throne left by his father. A mighty brawler, he fights not fro the ladies, or for the money, but for the feeling. The kick of adrenaline when kicking someones teeth out, the joy of beating an opponent senseless, Josen is always ready to rush into a fight, even with the odds against him, and this far he haven't lost.

(Theme is Brawling and Adrenaline, Personality is Cold and Battle-Hungry)

Pirate

The sea is a mighty place, a dangerous area for anyone not friend with the fierce powers laying beneath the surface, but this have never stopped Haskal, no, he have always roamed the stormy oceans with a calm mind, fearing not to die, aiming for the highest loot. His old shipped became a wreck when docked at Stormwind, but instead of being put into Jail, he was given the opportunity to join the gaurds, as a commander. And here he is even today, longing for the sea, for the winds and for the salt, for the money and the ladies.

(Theme is Calm and Greed, Personality is Calm and Joyful)

Cleric

From the holy cathedrals of Stormwind, Father Garmo have never hurt a living creature, only assisting his allies. As a follower of the true religion, he is hard against the heretics, but kind against allies, mending their wounds with holy power, protecting with shields of faith, but dare the undead abonimation that steps into the viosin of this calm cleric, cause the rage inside is as strong as his beliefs, buffing his allies to incredible levels, not caring for his own safety, for the god shall accept his souls, no matter what he does.

(Theme is Holy and Purging, Personality is Kind and Sacrificing)

Medic

An old Alchemist, Raskal do not believe in the so called Arcane Magics, but helps his allies by using more approved methods, such as potions and injections. Fearing much for his own life, he always keeps himself in the background, supporting friends, while poisoning enemies. The power of "Earth" may not be as strong as magic, but the effects itself are nothing to do underestimate, as the lifesaving draughts made by Raskal are many, but the lifesapping poisons are more.

(Theme is Potions and Poisons, Personality is Cowardly and Helpful)

Monk

The monk of martial arts have never aided humans or elves on the fields of battle before, but as a follower of the king, Huram was forced to join the city gaurd, and have never regreted it. Focusing on heavy attacks against vital points of a single unit, the monks don't gear for battle, they meditate, restoring their inner strength, mending their wounds, unleashing their soul and body into a dance of Death, a dance that never stops.

(Theme is Martial Arts and Speed, Personality is Calm but Deadly)

Evoker

Born in the small village outside Stormwind, the Arcana have constantly been calling Jeal, begging him to obey it, and granting him powers beyond imagination. At the age of 7, he burned his cat alive, and blasted the family's farm into burning fragments, and he was soon arrested, brought to the wizards tower, meeting with his new mentor. After been brought back to the right path, he now gaurds the citywalls, effectively using the once uncontrolled magics to fo good, to protect the city he loves

(Theme is Good/Bad and Arcane, Personality is Suspious and Afraid of Himself)

Enchanter

As the festivals of life passes through the world of Azeroth, Lilian is used to be giving blessing to everyone from mighty warriors to dolls and cats, giving them power and inner strength, making them pass minor or major problems in their life. Lilian is always kind, and sees the connection betwean soul and body, mind and muscles, using powerful warding magics to strengthen what is needed.

(Theme is Buffing and Amplifying, Personality is Exact and Patient)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.