• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missile spawns at a strange spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've got a problem with missile attachments....
I just made a custom tower out of a Photon Canon and everything works just fine, exept the missile attachment.
The Photon Canon shoots the missile directly from the center of the turret.

( ) ---------- <---- Like this
___
/___\

But my custom tower shoots the missile from a strange spot....

( )
___
/___\ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <---- from here

I hope you guys understand what I mean :p

Level 3
I have this same problem wit several of my weapons/abilities. I've been told it has to do with actors and attachment points, but I have yet to figure out how to fix it.

Level 3
I've been messing around with this and I've concluded the problem comes from the actor. When you duplicate the actor, no matter what, something breaks. I've had it happen in a variety of different weapons. No matter what I've done I have yet to find a way to fix it, the only fix I've found was going to the original actor and adding it to the duplicated weapon effect (I put it on the missile, worked there).

This method isn't exactly perfect though since, from what I can tell, you have a max of three slots, so you could only attach it to three effects. I want a way to fix the duplicated actor, but no matter how hard I've looked, the duplicated version is the EXACT same as the original, so I don't know. For now you can use the method I mentioned as a sort of stop-gap measure.

Level 3
It is probably something broken with the linkage. The duplicate probably does not link everything correctly to the new data and so some of its functionality is still working for the old data.

That's where the problem comes in, I've checked such things, I've checked EVERYTHING I can see (I've been working at this for like three days now). Every single thing about the duplicate is the same as the original, it SHOULD work, but it doesn't. It's the one thing I hate about this editor, if I duplicate something it's because I want it to be the same as the original, not altered in some way.

Level 11
Alright, sorry for the necropost, but I feel this is an important issue.

To fix this issue, first make sure that you also duplicated the "Attack" actor - an easy way to find these is to search for the name of the unit you duplicated the missile from and look for an actor of type Action that sounds right. For example, the Battlecruiser's attack actors are called "Battlecruiser Ground Attack" and "Battlecruiser Air Attack". If you did not duplicate these when first making it, do so now.

Next, you need to link these actors to your weapon. Towards the top, in the token box, you should see fields called "Impact Effect" and "Launch Effect". Make sure these are set correctly. Then, change the field "Art - Missile" to your custom missile unit that you created.

Your unit should now fire missiles from the correct location.

Status
Not open for further replies.