• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Miss You, Zwiebelchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I'm not MiA.
Still waiting for the day in which the new standard editor becomes usable for vJassers.

I will probably never have the time to create something as huge as Gaias again, but I am very willing to create a smaller, more intricate rpg experience. With less hardcoded content and more replayability by using procedural generation. Think of Diablo, but with holy trinity combat mechanics and a focus on group play and spell synergies.

Level 10
I would still love to see Gaias completed with D3. It just seems a shame to have it unfinished when it's so close to completion :( But I'll support your future maps regardless. WC3 Reforged won't be much longer!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
As always, I agree S0ul. Man this map, been playing it for 10 years. First version 2009. It would be a shame to not give a proper end to this epic.
Probably not going to happen. I could potentially rush a version out the door, but it would never be the level of quality I am satisfied with, as all the changes to the editor and bugfixes might have probably introduced new nasty bugs that people would dislike.
I had many things planned for D3, like cinematics and quests unfolding the story of the floating island, giving the game a proper story conclusion. But doing all that stuff would simply be too much work with too little payout in the end. I would have to cut all that and focus only on the bosses and mobs in there. And that would be a shame. I don't want to end the game on a low note. Especially when there will be a load of new map releases using the new, modernized assets that would look amazing compared to the sub-par quality standard that was 2009 WC3 standards.

Give it some time. When Reforged comes out (and the dust settles around the release of WoW Classic), I will definitely work on something fresh again. I have many great ideas detailed out that makes for an interesting multiplayer experience that I for a change actually want to play, because it hasn't existed in the MMO ecosystem yet.
I took inspiration from many great games and condensed them into a single concept that I find very appealing both in terms of potential character play and replayable content.

I know this sucks. But its the only thing I can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.