• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Misery of Control v1.3.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Cherrymage
「Misery of Control」

By Verdicten

Gameplay
[tr]
Misery of Control is a strategy map featuring large scale wars, Deities to worship and a little city management.

Screenshots
[tr]
241823-albums7945-picture94468.jpg

241823-albums7945-picture94469.jpg

241823-albums7945-picture94470.jpg

Features
[tr]
Build your empire
Create armies
Wage war
Conquer

Credits
[tr]
Thanks to Mike for his Chapel model.

Changelog
[tr]

------------------------------------------------
v1.3.2 Changes

Notable environment changes
v1.3.1 Changes

Made ramps a little more smoother
Lowered the damage of Longbow Archers from 4 to 3
Lowered the damage of Elite Longbow Archers from 8 to 6
Made it harder to aquire Elite Deathknights to prevent rushing
Upped the repair cost of Tower of the Skies from 100 to 1000
v1.3 Changes

Minor bugfixes
Crence, The Deity of Greed has become a little less greedy
Moved Altar of Kel'Shra to the middle of the map to prevent camping
Lowered the Hp of Destroyers from 325 to 125 to make it easier to defend from seiges
Added new units and their elite counterpart:
Assassin
Longbow Archer
Elite Deathknight
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
strategy, base building, war, tactical.
Contents

Misery of Control v1.3.2 (Map)

Reviews
21:31, 17th Mar 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: There are a few things that makes the map not acceptable yet. The fact that this is a free for all strategy / builder map and this doesn't have custom features to promote diplomacy and more strategy sets the tone...

M

21:31, 17th Mar 2015
StoPCampinGn00b: There are a few things that makes the map not acceptable yet. The fact that this is a free for all strategy / builder map and this doesn't have custom features to promote diplomacy and more strategy sets the tone for this map being low quality. It's already a strategy map on a medium / small scale anyway with limited content. All your systems work, you're just missing some sprinkle and flame. What I mean by that is, there isn't much excitement that would happen around the map. Add some cool abilities to the units, to the buildings and such.

It isn't bad that this is slow paced. Slow paced =/= bad. But if a map is slow paced and missing recomended features, players wouldn't really download the map.

Now I didn't get to test a whole lot of this so I didn't get to go bug hunting. But for now, the map is set to needs fix. Cheers!

Level 21
This sounds interesting and the description follows the map submission rules but i think you should tell us a bit more in gameplay

Level 1
Keep track of your citizens!

Misery of Control is easy to learn and offers simple fun. The spectacular battles are very inspiring while they also puts your brain capacity to the test.

Just make sure to keep track of your citizens as they with pleasure ruins your frontline.

Rated
4/5

Level 6
Hello Verdicten,

My overall impression of this map is that there isn't enough content available for it to be truly considered a "complete" map. There were like 5 units total, plus a tower, and a siege engine (which, btw, has absolutely no counter).

The combat was very stallish. I ended up making a camp outside his base, with towers, troops, mages, and siege engines. I wasn't able to even take out a single wall or tower in this entire time, and I ended up losing about 100 troops in an assault. We called the game a draw after about 30 minutes of stalemate.

The main problem is the unit diversity. You need more units, and more upgrades to units.

Also what does the "Influence" with the undead units do? I sacrificed 25 citizens to them, and saw no tangible effect except that I lost like 50 income.

The elite upgrades are good in theory, but in practice the Sky Towers kill everything too fast for any unit to actually promote.

Overall this map needs more content, but it definitely has potential if you continue developing it.

Mech

Level 3
This sounds interesting and the description follows the map submission rules but i think you should tell us a bit more in gameplay
You're right, i should probably make a better gameplay description. Thanks for the feedback!

Misery of Control is easy to learn and offers simple fun. The spectacular battles are very inspiring while they also puts your brain capacity to the test.

Just make sure to keep track of your citizens as they with pleasure ruins your frontline.
Haha yea, villagers can really be a pain sometimes. Thanks for trying out my map!

My overall impression of this map is that there isn't enough content available for it to be truly considered a "complete" map.
I Agree, it needed a little more content, which i just added in the latest 1.3
version. ^^

There were like 5 units total, plus a tower, and a siege engine (which, btw, has absolutely no counter).
Did you mean that the tower, or the Destroyer(seige engine) had no counter? The Tower can easily be countered by the Destroyer if you attack using attack ground spell, you don't even need to have vision!

The combat was very stallish. I ended up making a camp outside his base, with towers, troops, mages, and siege engines. I wasn't able to even take out a single wall or tower in this entire time, and I ended up losing about 100 troops in an assault. We called the game a draw after about 30 minutes of stalemate.
This seems wierd to me, because it sounds like you had Destroyers(seige engines) but didn't use them at all. I guess you tried to get vision by sacrificing your own units to his towers?

Also what does the "Influence" with the undead units do? I sacrificed 25 citizens to them, and saw no tangible effect except that I lost like 50 income.
Those undead units are followers of the deity of greed. They are very greedy indeed. v1.3 adresses this and makes them less greedy.

The elite upgrades are good in theory, but in practice the Sky Towers kill everything too fast for any unit to actually promote.
As said before, towers really shouldn't become a problem if you have Destroyers in your army. The towers main purpose, is to punish people for just rushing straight in and chopping up your walls with swords.

definitely has potential if you continue developing it.
Thanks mate, your feedback is really appreciated and thanks for trying out my map! :thumbs_up:

Level 2
Hey, mechs friend here. I'm the one who tests most of these maps with him. I want to clarify that he did indeed target my towers with attack ground, but I just countered it with a few worker repairs. Since I was repair stalling indefinitely he tried charging me with his full army, only to see them get slaughtered.

As for the counter, he did mean siege engines. While he was hiding behind the full blunt of his army, I had no way to touch his siege engines (although it didn't matter with my repairs). He guarded his destroyers with with towers as well, so I had no way to go about killing them.

Level 3
Hey, mechs friend here. I'm the one who tests most of these maps with him. I want to clarify that he did indeed target my towers with attack ground, but I just countered it with a few worker repairs. Since I was repair stalling indefinitely he tried charging me with his full army, only to see them get slaughtered.

As for the counter, he did mean siege engines. While he was hiding behind the full blunt of his army, I had no way to touch his siege engines (although it didn't matter with my repairs). He guarded his destroyers with with towers as well, so I had no way to go about killing them.

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I've already lowered the hp of the destroyers and added units that can take them out. But I'll raise the repair cost of the towers just in case. Thanks for testing my map ^^