• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] MiscData.txt and alike modfications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey there!

This is pretty advanced i guess, so please no very obvious suggestions :)

I've been having problems finding information about this for the past few days, but i really want to make it work. So, heres the problem:

I figured i wanted to change a lot in my custom interface for my wc3 map, so i decided it'd be cool to not show gold, lumber and supply, since i don't need them in my map. I only found one way to change those, and that is by changing the color values in the UI\MiscData.txt. So i modified it like this:

Code:
[Misc]

// gold text data
GoldTextColor=255,0,0,0
GoldTextVelocity=0,0,0
GoldTextLifetime=2
GoldTextFadeStart=1

Which should change the gold text color to plain black, so rendering it invisible. (right?)
Now that i imported this file, i saw that nothing changed. It seems like this file and some other very relevant files (for example the blps for the xpbar and loadingbar) simply can't be imported to the game by the import function in the editor, but are instead loaded from the mpq everytime (for cheating detection and stuff i guess?).

That's why for a last try i read a tutorial about mod *.exes with bound-in mpqs. :ogre_icwydt:
Created the mpq but still everything the same old way, nice white colored letters.

So, my question, is there a way to implement files like the MiscData.txt into custom maps (not modifying my own war3.mpq)?

Thanks, hope somebody can help with this :)

Ah, btw, it's a single player map, so no need to be Bnet-compatible or in size.

Level 19
i actually had that same idea, but it turns out importing a miscdata.txt into your map doesnt do anything. It will only make an effect if its inside of your warcraft 3 folder, so you would have to make everyone that wants to play your map install that file which is had

Level 3
I just noticed that it WORKED with the mod exe thing, but it's the wrong String i'm changing.
What this changes is the color of the text that appears over your gold mine when you mine, interesting too, but not what i'm looking for..

Does anyone know where i change the Interface Gold Text Color?

EDIT: I think i got it, using the ResourceBar.fdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.