• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Mirror Image Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im making an illusionist type hero for a map, and i had a few questions.

First, i thought about making an aura that would make all your illusions deal some % damage, that % going up every level. Would this even be possible?

The main problem however is a spell that would be pretty much an aoe Mirror image. I tried to add the spell to all units in an area and cast, but it was extremely choppy. I was wondering if you could make a dummy for all units and then cast wand of illusion or somthing, but what would the actual trigger be?

Level 2
The aura is not impossible to make, but it needs JASS, and i would be warned if i posted a JASS trigger here... And i think it's a good idea, i can make it for you if want me to. But i warn you, it will be written in JASS.

Thats fine, if you could make it i would really appriciate it. I really have no experiance in JASS though.

Level 2
I dont get it. An aura that causes your present illusions to deal some damage? or an aura that creates illusions to all allies you walk to?

Its two different spells. One is an aura tha makes present illusions to deal some damage. the second spell creates a mirror image of all your allies in a certain range around you.

Level 2
The aura is virtualy impossiable to make.

An AOE illusion is easy.
Your simply have to make it pick all units in the area of the dummy spell target location and get a dummy unit to cast a illusion on each unit matching your conditions.

Okay so i did
Events - Unit casts ability
Conditions - Equal To AOE Mirror Image
and basically for actions - Take every unit within 900 of caster and do actions
create 1 dummy for owner of picked unit
add item illusions to dummy

now i am at order dummy to _____. what do i put as a spell? thats what i am stuck on.

Level 2
OMG THERE IS AN EDIT BUTTON YOU TRIPPLE POSTER!

Well you basicly have to give it the ability and order it to cast the ability on to every picked units.
Since your using an item you must order it to use the item on the targets. . .

Im not using an item, im using an ability based off the item illusion ability. I dont know how i would give the dummy an item and use it on picked unit.

Level 11
Ok, here's the aura attached. To implement, copy the spell, all buffs, and the trigger to your map. Also be sure to copy the Handle Vars script to your map's custom script section. (The sample map has the script, so copy it from there.)

EDIT:
Whoopss.. I just read your PM... This aura that i made will cause the Illusions to deal x% BONUS damage. But you didn't write that your illusions deal no damage... This way, the spell does not work, and i think it cannot even be done. Unless, you make it so that illusions deal at least minor damage (0.001%), as the system is based on damage-detection...
But for now, I will remake the spell, and attach it again.

Attachments

• SupernaturalAura.w3x
    16.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You simply have to summon 2 copies of each illusion inorder to work.
The first copy is the 0% damage one.
The second has its % damage set to the current amount of the aura but is set to hidden so it does not fight.
When the normal illusion walks into the aura area, you change it with the one you hid.

This will work well but the illusions orders will be disrupted sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.