• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
mining problem / music for area problem

Problem 1
I am looking for a trigger that make that i can mining with a spell/abillity on special doodads, like a Iron vein and than that the trigger give me a random item, like 65% for stone and 35% for iron ore and then that the ironvein despawns if i use mining 3 times.

Problem 2
I need different music for different areas, like jungle sounds for my jungle and jungle drums for my troll village and desert sounds for the desert, i have the sounds but i dont know how to play sound only for that area and that area. if i do this
  • Actions
  • Sound - Stop Music Instant
  • Wait 0.20 seconds
  • Sound - Play Jungle_301 <gen> at 100% volume, located at (Center of Area 001 <gen>) with Z offset 10.00
  • Wait 34.90 seconds
  • Trigger - Turn on Jungle Loop <gen>
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
It not work
(Sorry for my bad english)

Thanks anyway

That is how it look, for visual association^^

Attachments

• Mining.jpg
    Mining.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 15
Problem 2:
1) open Sound Editor
2) select, say Desert Sounds track
3) click 'Use as Sound' on above panel
4) make a region (ar several regions) that covers the area of your desert
5) in the region's (regions') properties set sound used (don't remember the exact name of the field) to Desert Sounds
6) repeat with all other sounds/zones/regions
7) remember to make a trigger to turn off regular music
8) enjoy

the music/sounds set for regions will loop infintely when the region is in the game camera's center

dab

dab

Level 10
How i would do it, was to create a gold mine with the doodad and a amount on 3 "gold". Then do a trigger as said, where you use a custom integer between 1 and 100 and if the number is equal to or less than 35 then give iron(don't really know how you want to do that, might with a dialog or a bag system/item system)

Level 5
if u mean that chance to get stone is 65 and ore 35 then u can use custom integer number between 1 and 100 if number=35 or below then give ore else give stone
for despawning simply give 30 hp to vein and give 10 damage to ability

ok ok, but if i make that with a spell, how can i trigger that, that the spell can only castet on the vein? and how can i trigger that i get it in my inventory.

it would be nice if u post the trigger i will give u +rep if it works^^

Level 5
Problem 2:
1) open Sound Editor
2) select, say Desert Sounds track
3) click 'Use as Sound' on above panel
4) make a region (ar several regions) that covers the area of your desert
5) in the region's (regions') properties set sound used (don't remember the exact name of the field) to Desert Sounds
6) repeat with all other sounds/zones/regions
7) remember to make a trigger to turn off regular music
8) enjoy

the music/sounds set for regions will loop infintely when the region is in the game camera's center

i have some problems with the sounds, if i go in that area i hear that sound for that area but if i leave that area and join a new with new sounds than i can hear 2 sounds, the one of the old area and the new sound, and sometimes i cant hear the new sound :(

Status
Not open for further replies.