• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap Removing leads to crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Alright, so, the title should explain it but the point is as follows:

I've used the basic tricks explained in this tutorial ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/graveyard-209/importing-minimap-image-5922/ ) as well as many other threads around here. The mini-map preview works just fine, but when i try to change an imported file's path to 'war3mapMap.tga', my map will crash upon loading.

It's quite weird since i've tested with multiple images, both tga and blp... and it's clearly coming from this, as i've tried numerous times to add + test then remove + test to see where's the problem. My map clearly doesn't agree to have it's in-game minimap changed, but i don't get why.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Level 29
512x512 is for Loading Screen and Minimap is either 128x128 or 256x256.

And to the on who ask the question, maybe it have the problem on the picture itself your trying to make as a minimap. Try other picture if it will crash too.....

ok thx for the correction. i havent really dealt w making an image for map loading screen or for minimap

Status
Not open for further replies.